Hew Mods - Libellous Posts

Keawyeds

Striker
Please could you give me some clarification on what was said which was libellous?

I'm pretty sure what I called paws was staggeringly accurate.

had a warning for calling a poster a 'known dog nonce", couldn't see the problem with it.

didn't see what you called the bitmap king but I'm sure it wouldn't have been that wide of the mark.

had a warning for calling a poster a 'known dog nonce", couldn't see the problem with it.

didn't see what you called the bitmap king but I'm sure it wouldn't have been that wide of the mark.
One of my three warnings came as a result of my jokingly (clearly) calling someone a n:cool:nce

Mind I can see why in fairness :lol:

I got told off for something similar.

You cant call a spade a spade iirc

Don't tell porkies. You got told off for saying the spade had ruined its life through drug addiction. I see you didn't learn a thing from the mod who tried to explain the difference between what you said and what others on the thread had said.

I knew when I saw the "show ignored content" button on this thread it would be you.

Last edited:
Does that change if the pseudonym has made himself known by admitting the name and location of the business he owns?

vaguely recall some guy tried to sue a forum user for libel ages ago and his real identity was called out specifically. iirc it didnt stick because the libel was against a characterisation rather than the actual person. not being a lawyer i would probably try to always say you think someones a worthless **** rather than proclaiming that they definitely are. ;)

vaguely recall some guy tried to sue a forum user for libel ages ago and his real identity was called out specifically. iirc it didnt stick because the libel was against a characterisation rather than the actual person. not being a lawyer i would probably try to always say you think someones a worthless **** rather than proclaiming that they definitely are. ;)

In the past I am sure legal reps have been in touch with messages boards including this one about libellous posts, there used to be a sticky about it a while back

Back