Hernia

Had op on one 2 inches below ribs centre stomach . Back light running in 2 weeks and gym after 5 . Been nearly 3 years now still get the occasional dull ache sometimes tender but mainly no problem .

Had op on one 2 inches below ribs centre stomach . Back light running in 2 weeks and gym after 5 . Been nearly 3 years now still get the occasional dull ache sometimes tender but mainly no problem .
Did you run still while you knew you had a hernia? I've got one now, similar place to yours , waiting for op. Gp and consultant say don't run with it

Did you run still while you knew you had a hernia? I've got one now, similar place to yours , waiting for op. Gp and consultant say don't run with it
Yes I did mate . Had it for about 3 years before I went to see about it . Never really bothered me when I ran . Ab crunches would pull a bit and I find now it can ache a few days after a hard workout .

Went to the quacks with said dull ache in groin early November. ..couldn't find a hernia booked me in for an ultrasound. By the time I had the ultrasound on Monday this week the ache had gone and the radiologist says nowt there..so probs had a strain...

I can still feel it like. Seems football sets it off more than weights, I'll probably just do the manly thing and only do something about it when I get septicemia

Mine flares up all the time with football. It's a real pain, and can be quite bad at times. Couple of weeks ago I played in really cold weather, so I had a cough afterwards. Hurt like a bitch every time I coughed.

But massaging and stretching has made it much more manageable. It could be a sports hernia, but I'm still treating it like it's just muscle tightness.

Mine flares up all the time with football. It's a real pain, and can be quite bad at times. Couple of weeks ago I played in really cold weather, so I had a cough afterwards. Hurt like a bitch every time I coughed.

But massaging and stretching has made it much more manageable. It could be a sports hernia, but I'm still treating it like it's just muscle tightness.
I think I'm gonna have to go get it checked like, I can still feel it. I was at the doctors for something completely unrelated two weeks ago and I'm starting to feel like one of them GP botherers

Underwear makes a big difference.Tight snug boxers are the only way for me to not have "ball ache ".

Vitally important whilst exercising

Anyone had one of these? Had a dull ache kind of like a muscle strain near my groin for a couple of weeks but didn't think much of it.

Last 10 days or so I've had a cold and when I cough I can feel it aching, and its now waking me up when turning over in bed. If it is a hernia it would be an inguinal one, thats where it is. Thing is, I cant seem to feel any noticble lump.

I've booked a doctors apoointment but can;t get in till the 24th.

Any experiences?

Yes. A sports hernia. ran through the pain for about three years then finally got it fixed.

Sadly (and i think this is common) the other 'side' has gone. Frankly I'm getting too old to have the same operation again..

I had a sports hernia a few years back. No bulge or anything, but Very painful when sneezing, coughing, sprinting or really kicking a ball hard, any similar sharp movements which just got gradually worse and worse. Luckily I had private health care at the time and managed to get the op done within 2 weeks of being referred. Keyhole surgery which covered the weak area with gauze being tacked in place.

Back running 3 weeks later, playing football again within 5 weeks, no problems at all since.

You still revered mate? Had an ongoing problem for 10 months now, convinced its athletic pubalgia, core muscle and adductor problem. Mri and ultrasound clear but not convinced they were looking for that injury. They seem to keep mentioning hernia and obviously cant see lump etc. Was thinking of getting med insurance togo private but they might black ball me as previous history. Any tips appreciated.

Back