Hernia

oROSSo

Striker
Staff member
Anyone had one of these? Had a dull ache kind of like a muscle strain near my groin for a couple of weeks but didn't think much of it.

Last 10 days or so I've had a cold and when I cough I can feel it aching, and its now waking me up when turning over in bed. If it is a hernia it would be an inguinal one, thats where it is. Thing is, I cant seem to feel any noticble lump.

I've booked a doctors apoointment but can;t get in till the 24th.

Any experiences?

My older brother had one, his proper stuck out though was very noticable.

I often found him on the bathroom floor crying his eyes out.

Hope this helps anarl and R.I.P mate.

I thought I had a "sports hernia", but turns out it was just tightness and a shortening of the muscles in that front pelvic area that runs along the V from the pubic area to your hips. Stretching and massaging helped get rid of the problem for me.

Think it's the "internal obliques" muscle

I thought I had a "sports hernia", but turns out it was just tightness and a shortening of the muscles in that front pelvic area that runs along the V from the pubic area to your hips. Stretching and massaging helped get rid of the problem for me.

Think it's the "internal obliques" muscle
aye it's in that kind of area. I'll get our lass to massage it and see if it helps, plenty of time before my doc's apoointment!

Ah it's no where near that bad. It's not too bad today, squatted pain free so hoping it's just a strain
I nearly passed out benching a couple of times, I've got another but its not hurting and doesn't stick out so I'm leaving it for now, after the op on my first one they can fuckoff.

I had a sports hernia a few years back. No bulge or anything, but Very painful when sneezing, coughing, sprinting or really kicking a ball hard, any similar sharp movements which just got gradually worse and worse. Luckily I had private health care at the time and managed to get the op done within 2 weeks of being referred. Keyhole surgery which covered the weak area with gauze being tacked in place.

Back running 3 weeks later, playing football again within 5 weeks, no problems at all since.

Anyone had one of these? Had a dull ache kind of like a muscle strain near my groin for a couple of weeks but didn't think much of it.

Last 10 days or so I've had a cold and when I cough I can feel it aching, and its now waking me up when turning over in bed. If it is a hernia it would be an inguinal one, thats where it is. Thing is, I cant seem to feel any noticble lump.

I've booked a doctors apoointment but can;t get in till the 24th.

Any experiences?
GAve myself a inguinal hernia in 2008, leaned a bit too far forward while squatting and felt a ping, like someone had flicked a laccy band into my groin. Didn't know it was a hernia until I went for a medical. Got it sorted on a day patient op, the recovery was 7 weeks but I milked it to get 9 weeks off work :D
Recovery was sweet, just lay on the settee all day playing Mercs 2 eating peanut m&ms- I gained 2 stone

I can still feel it like. Seems football sets it off more than weights, I'll probably just do the manly thing and only do something about it when I get septicemia

Back