Herd immunity

It's hard to keep optimistic during all this but I'm still confident by this time next summer we will be living a normal life again in this country. Still have faith in Oxford project coming through and Imperial College has a good chance too. (And Im also realistic they may not work). We won't have a vaccine ready in September, the doses will be ready but the trials are at the final trial phase. If they show its working by the end of the year they will start vaccinating the high risk groups and then over the early part of 2021 it would likely be rolled out over early part of next year.

Early part of this I was all doom and gloom and rightfully so it was horrific and I know things could go bad again. But as I said in the Oxford vaccine thread I started following that as I think it's our best way out of this.

If somehow we can see through the next few months without a major spike and the country shows patience then it could all be over with sooner than most of us could imagined.

It's hard to keep optimistic during all this but I'm still confident by this time next summer we will be living a normal life again in this country. Still have faith in Oxford project coming through and Imperial College has a good chance too. (And Im also realistic they may not work). We won't have a vaccine ready in September, the doses will be ready but the trials are at the final trial phase. If they show its working by the end of the year they will start vaccinating the high risk groups and then over the early part of 2021 it would likely be rolled out over early part of next year.

Early part of this I was all doom and gloom and rightfully so it was horrific and I know things could go bad again. But as I said in the Oxford vaccine thread I started following that as I think it's our best way out of this.

If somehow we can see through the next few months without a major spike and the country shows patience then it could all be over with sooner than most of us could imagined.
i do get what you are saying but my thoughts are elsewhere

Yeah there were similar reports a few months back, the herd immunity was never really a goer
But a vaccine depends on a large proportion of the population around 90 % so to protect the ones more at risk but like the paper quietly mentions its encoded by the immune system how it sorted it last time..
In time it will be just a few paracetamol on a par with a hangover

And yet 6-7 months in there have been no cases of someone getting it twice. Antibodies might fade but Tcells are not mentioned here. Body can rapidly start producing antibodies if it needs to.
Regardless if we need an annual vaccine it won’t be much of a hardship presuming we get one that is.

Interesting that.

Would be fairly straightforward giving the vaccine. Just provide it with the flu vaccine.

The Guardian newspaper was founded by slave traders

Cotton merchants........learn to read. Of course the argument followed by a bunch is that as cotton was picked by slaves then they earned indirectly from slaves which is of course true but would be true for almost all businesses the world over.

Just make a youtube video about it, he'll be happy then provided it exactly supports his unusual viewspoints. I am still waiting for his evidence for Aliens - something other than do your own research. And worryingly there are a lot worse than him on here

Last edited:

Back