Herd immunity

MonkeyLove

Striker
This is a bit of a pisser. There have been a few on here that have been pointing out since the start that there is no guarantee that the virus can’t reinfect and suggesting the belief our strategy was the right one purely in the hope any 2nd wave would even out over time was premature.

1st study from Imperial and Guys suggests that immunity drops sharply after a few months and by 3 months was 23 times weaker and undetectable in some patients.

Only one study but even in a sample of 100 people that’s quite conclusive unless some incredibly coincidental factors. Ie this group had unique characteristics.

In a way we shouldn’t be surprised. It’s a new virus but the Coronavirus family isn’t new and an expert was saying at the start all other strains that haven’t died out have only ever provided short term immunity. The common cold being the main one.

Would be a massive kicker mind if true and it becomes endemic and makes the finding of a vaccine crucial or we potentially have a new ongoing health threat for over 50s to live with.

Last edited:

And yet 6-7 months in there have been no cases of someone getting it twice. Antibodies might fade but Tcells are not mentioned here. Body can rapidly start producing antibodies if it needs to.
Regardless if we need an annual vaccine it won’t be much of a hardship presuming we get one that is.

And yet 6-7 months in there have been no cases of someone getting it twice. Antibodies might fade but Tcells are not mentioned here. Body can rapidly start producing antibodies if it needs to.
Regardless if we need an annual vaccine it won’t be much of a hardship presuming we get one that is.
Dybala blah blah blah.

Completely agree with you. Once people share the evidence of people being reinfected I’ll change my view that you can’t get it again.

has anyone got evidence of the virus as i need it for my records thanks

The Guardian article says infections may get less severe each time and the one @Be Here Now posted says the opposite. Who knows. See over time I suppose. What we do know is the vaccine is the only way to end this nightmare
The Guardian newspaper was founded by slave traders

The Guardian article says infections may get less severe each time and the one @Be Here Now posted says the opposite. Who knows. See over time I suppose. What we do know is the vaccine is the only way to end this nightmare

"Early results from the University of Oxford have shown that the coronavirus vaccine it is developing produces lower levels of antibodies in macaques than are seen in humans infected with the virus. While the vaccine appeared to protect the animals from serious infection, they still became infected and may have been able to pass on the virus."

If they'd bothered to watch the results presentation by Sarah Gilbert about the tests on the monkeys. They did have infection in their noses three days after given a challenge bigger than what you would normally be exposed to and by day seven the virus was gone from their noses.

You are an absolute idiot :lol:
send me evidence , i know a doctor that will give a few thousand pounds for anyone who shows him evidence it exists, i will need microscopic photographic evidence at least so if you dont have a microscope and a knowledge viruses please dont fill my inbox with disinformation. i'll go halfies with anyone who can provide the evidence he requires for the 5k

send me evidence , i know a doctor that will give a few thousand pounds for anyone who shows him evidence it exists, i will need microscopic photographic evidence at least so if you dont have a microscope and a knowledge viruses please dont fill my inbox with disinformation. i'll go halfies with anyone who can provide the evidence he requires for the 5k

I can't quite decide if you are an attention seeking bellend or an imbecile. Possibly both? :) How old are you?

Back