Henderson to lead England in Euros?

Kane will make it into the squad but won’t play the first couple of games no way will Southgate leave him out
Henderson is important to England and imo World class ,

I think there have been a few over the years who were more influential than a handshake. Booby Moore, Baresi, Maldini, Maradona, Beckenbauer. I am not suggesting Henderson is on any of their levels like.

That’s the point I am trying to get across in modern day football it’s not the same.

Would Liverpool be ahead in the league by the same points if Henderson was playing but somebody else captain, absolutely imo.

Liverpool have a brilliant manager and brilliant players whoever is captain in that team makes no difference.

As for your first point it was the performances them players put in rather than the fact they were captain that influenced them teams

Last edited:
Kane has too big a say at both Spurs and England.
At Spurs they were winning 4-0 away at Tranmere in the LC and he came off the bench for 20 mins. They’ve struggled to sign a back up because no one wants to walk into that sort of situation except an older player seeking a last big pay cheque ie Llorente. So they end up playing players out of their preferred positions when he’s not fit.
Levy and his boss are hoping Morinio has the front to stand up to him that Poch nivver had. It’s for Kane’s own long term good but he doesn’t seem bright enough to grasp it. Playing every minute of every game just to rack up his goals tally isn’t gonna put medals on his mantelpiece or have him still playing that extra couple of seasons at the end of his career when his bodies starting to break down. At the rate he wants to play he’ll be like Owen and Rooney in their last seasons: a sideshow irrelevanc.

Kane will make it into the squad but won’t play the first couple of games no way will Southgate leave him out
Henderson is important to England and imo World class ,
I hope if Kane isn't 100 percent match fit he doesn't go, we've seen it too often with Rooney and Beckham.
Yes he's brilliant but we need a fully firing team.
I'd play.
Pickford
A Arnold Stones Maguire Chillwell
Henderson Mount/Maddison
Grealish
Sancho Sterling Rashford

I hope if Kane isn't 100 percent match fit he doesn't go, we've seen it too often with Rooney and Beckham.
Yes he's brilliant but we need a for fully firing team.
I'd play.
Pickford
A Arnold Stones Maguire Chillwell
Henderson Mount/Maddison
Grealish
Sancho Sterling Rashford
That midfield is too attacking, it’s one of Mount/Maddison/Grealish for me. And then Ox

That midfield is too attacking, it’s one of Mount/Maddison/Grealish for me. And then Ox
I like Ox I think he could be one of the best in the world but injuries keep setting him back. I think out of the 3 Mount is probably the best prospect long term. I think he's good now but I get the impression with him there is more to come.

Back