Help with Student Loan Company

My folks received a letter for me from them back at home asking me to provide my employment details now. I am attempting to do this but every time I attempt to upload evidence of my contract the form submission fails. I have searched high and wide for an alternative contact address such as an email address to which I can send the required documents but, of course, they try their hardest to make contacting them difficult apart from via phone. Anyone know how I can go about getting them what they need before I have to bite the bullet and phone the bastards? I obviously don't want to wait about too much on this front as I've heard they're a real bastard of a company to deal with if they feel you've tried to fuck them over.
Do you get an error message when trying to upload?

If I was to not get this sorted, what sort of punishment would I be looking at? Apparently the letter is a second reminder although I certainly don't remember having received an original.

If I was to not get this sorted, what sort of punishment would I be looking at? Apparently the letter is a second reminder although I certainly don't remember having received an original.
How long are you away?

If you'll be back relatively soon, i'd ring them and let them know your situation. I'm sure you could make an ad-hoc payment once you're back to bring you back in line, or even a bank transfer from someone in the UK

Always have, yes. However, I only had two weeks to get myself sorted before moving over here which was a mad dash and informing this lot slipped my mind until my folks told me about this letter. And last time I lived outside of the UK I don't think I had to pay my loan back? Not sure if that has changed in the ten years or so in between?

I'm in f***ing Myanmar. :cry:

I suspect if you're still being paid, regardless of where you are you still owe them it.
I'm sure a phone call will resolve it. It's not that you don't want to pay it back (you know what I mean) you've just not been able to arrange a new way of doing it.

My folks received a letter for me from them back at home asking me to provide my employment details now. I am attempting to do this but every time I attempt to upload evidence of my contract the form submission fails. I have searched high and wide for an alternative contact address such as an email address to which I can send the required documents but, of course, they try their hardest to make contacting them difficult apart from via phone. Anyone know how I can go about getting them what they need before I have to bite the bullet and phone the bastards? I obviously don't want to wait about too much on this front as I've heard they're a real bastard of a company to deal with if they feel you've tried to fuck them over.
The only e-mail addresses I have are no reply ones. However, when I had to phone them a couple of years ago about one of my kids, they were really helpful and one guy was giving me off the record advice.

Don't answer the door. If you do, just tell them to fuck off.
@girojim

no idea mate, just what my kids tell me that nobody ever repays them now, which i do find strange
The strangest thing about that is your kids going to University.

In Myanmar? You may get away with a light beheading or if you're really lucky, life in jail.

Always have, yes. However, I only had two weeks to get myself sorted before moving over here which was a mad dash and informing this lot slipped my mind until my folks told me about this letter. And last time I lived outside of the UK I don't think I had to pay my loan back? Not sure if that has changed in the ten years or so in between?

I'm in f***ing Myanmar. :cry:
Not the case, there's a list of countries and the minimum contribution per month you can pay when working there as it's not obviously coming out at source. I.e France £200, Italy £250, etc. I had to set up a standing order when I was working away to keep them off me back.

Paid mine off recently. Overpaid them and it took over a year to get back the over payments. This info doesn’t help you I know but they are useless.
Same thing happened to me. Had to prove that I didn't owe them anything. Took ages to get it back, they are f***ing clowns.

Last edited:

2 years hard labour. Honestly mate stop worrying you're doing more than most not eligible for repayment by even reading the letter

I suspect if you're still being paid, regardless of where you are you still owe them it.
I'm sure a phone call will resolve it. It's not that you don't want to pay it back (you know what I mean) you've just not been able to arrange a new way of doing it.
Think it depends when you were at uni. Brother in law moved to Ireland rang them to setup payments and they wouldn't let him pay while living abroad.

Need to ring them myself come to think about it. Went over the threshold three years ago and haven't got a clue what I owe them....

Back