Help with Student Loan Company

L

Lexingtongue

My folks received a letter for me from them back at home asking me to provide my employment details now. I am attempting to do this but every time I attempt to upload evidence of my contract the form submission fails. I have searched high and wide for an alternative contact address such as an email address to which I can send the required documents but, of course, they try their hardest to make contacting them difficult apart from via phone. Anyone know how I can go about getting them what they need before I have to bite the bullet and phone the bastards? I obviously don't want to wait about too much on this front as I've heard they're a real bastard of a company to deal with if they feel you've tried to fuck them over.

My folks received a letter for me from them back at home asking me to provide my employment details now. I am attempting to do this but every time I attempt to upload evidence of my contract the form submission fails. I have searched high and wide for an alternative contact address such as an email address to which I can send the required documents but, of course, they try their hardest to make contacting them difficult apart from via phone. Anyone know how I can go about getting them what they need before I have to bite the bullet and phone the bastards? I obviously don't want to wait about too much on this front as I've heard they're a real bastard of a company to deal with if they feel you've tried to fuck them over.
where are you based?

Have you been paying them what you owe them?
Always have, yes. However, I only had two weeks to get myself sorted before moving over here which was a mad dash and informing this lot slipped my mind until my folks told me about this letter. And last time I lived outside of the UK I don't think I had to pay my loan back? Not sure if that has changed in the ten years or so in between?

where are you based?
I'm in f***ing Myanmar. :cry:

Always have, yes. However, I only had two weeks to get myself sorted before moving over here which was a mad dash and informing this lot slipped my mind until my folks told me about this letter. And last time I lived outside of the UK I don't think I had to pay my loan back? Not sure if that has changed in the ten years or so in between?

Stay there and tell them to f*** off.

me son in Oz used to email me his equivalent of an Aussie p60 which i would print off and send to the SLC, (they only had my address as a contact)

say fuck all and leave it.

I fucked them off for 6 years and they were pefectly fine with me when I spoke to them. Mind they're getting it back in spades now.

Should be paid off by April though :D Some 14 years later.
Even if I do get in touch with them it is going to be problematic as I get paid in physical cash as the banking system over here is as shambolic as the rest of the country's infrastructure.

no idea mate, just what my kids tell me that nobody ever repays them now, which i do find strange

They probably mean a lot of people don't reach the earning threshold rather than actually not paying it back.

It's all taken from your wage automatically as a tax anyway.

Back