Help Please! Nvidia Shield only working in 720p on Sony A90K OLED

I bought a Sony A90K yesterday to go with my PS5. After setting everything up I turned the shield on and it is only working in 720p. Even when I go into the display settings on the shield there is only 3 different 720 settings and no 4K or even 1080. When plugging the shield back into the old tv(samsung) I can pick any resolution from 720 to 4K. I have adjusted the HDMI input settings to all the different choices that are available on the TV but still no luck. 1 option is just loading all the apps that are on the shield onto the TV with it running google android but I'd much rather not over work the HD in the TV when the shield still works on the samsung.

Hope I've described it in a way people can understand and any help would be greatly appreciated

I bought a Sony A90K yesterday to go with my PS5. After setting everything up I turned the shield on and it is only working in 720p. Even when I go into the display settings on the shield there is only 3 different 720 settings and no 4K or even 1080. When plugging the shield back into the old tv(samsung) I can pick any resolution from 720 to 4K. I have adjusted the HDMI input settings to all the different choices that are available on the TV but still no luck. 1 option is just loading all the apps that are on the shield onto the TV with it running google android but I'd much rather not over work the HD in the TV when the shield still works on the samsung.

Hope I've described it in a way people can understand and any help would be greatly appreciated
Try a different hdmi socket it could be that

Try a different hdmi socket it could be that
I've tried all 4 sockets mate and changed the settings within the HDMI input options. Tried 3 leads I had in the house then another brand new 1 today

Updated the firmware on the TV?
Aye tried that mate. Even factory reset it after incase it didnt install properly and downloaded and installed it again after doing a factory reset on the shield.

I've tried all 4 sockets mate and changed the settings within the HDMI input options. Tried 3 leads I had in the house then another brand new 1 today

Aye tried that mate. Even factory reset it after incase it didnt install properly and downloaded and installed it again after doing a factory reset on the shield.
Might just be one them shit things where they ain't compatible as you seem to have covered everything.

Just a thought, it's not something wierd about auto resolution switching software?
The default home screen on the shield is 720p iirc.

Back