Help needed with neighbour /gas fire

The smell in Gas is an additive so that leaks can be detected. Gas (Methane) Water Vapour, CO2, & CO (Carbon Monoxide) have no smell. Itwas most likely a gas leak which, if now smell gone, has been remedied.

If the cat. fails, he will die long before you, you will only get a tiny amount of backflow into your well ventilated ginnel (to make this clear, you are highly unlikley to get significant amounts of CO enter your dwelling) . They must have some kind of fail safe device too, so it's highly unlikely to happen.

wrong

are you going to trickle feed us information slowly (ironically)?

The wall in question will be a shared wall, as will the ginnel, read your deeds. He should have shared access to the rar of his house through the ginnel (it's standard, I've lived in a similar house)

Eh... what the fuhhhrke is a ‘ginnel’

I have bedrooms above the ally way, I believe this makes it mine aswell. The ally way is enclosed therefore not an external wall?
Its not enclosed is it ?
You said it had a locked gate .
If its not airtight at either end then that is an external wall.
You said its "my wall" , now your saying I believe this makes it mine as well ".
Based on what you have posted and the fact that the offending item is an "air vent " not a "flue terminal" , you have no case.
Am speaking after working for nearly 40 yrs in the heating industry.
Best way forward is , try and get on with your neighbour.

Back