Help needed - problems accessing RTG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firstly, there were problems yesterday afternoon. The datacentre claim the server was subject to a Denial of Service attack and that they were mitigating that. I am unconvinced by that, as if it was a true DoS attack I would have expected at least some of the attack to have actually reached the server firewall and server and in reality there was no more than the normal background attacks. My suspicion is that either there was an attack on a nearby server or the datacentre messed up some routing.

That said, the problems yesterday were all picked up by our automated monitoring which checks access to the server from around the world (you can see some at http://status.readytogo.net/ ). Monitoring is showing everything as available at the moment, but I wouldn't rule out the datacentre still blocking some routes/ISPs if they have had attacks from them.

If you are seeing problems on wifi, but not on a wired connection from the same router, that makes no sense as the route between your router and the RTG server is the same. If you are comparing wifi with 3g, that would make sense as one is via your ISP and the other via your telephone network.

What I need to know is which ISPs you are having problems with an if anyone having problems has the technical knowledge to do a tracert, run that and let me know the results so we can work out where in the network the problem is. The output from something like WinMTR / MTR would be invaluable.

I can't load SMB on my iPad using my home wi fi. I've restarted my iPad, cleared the history etc, restarted my router, all other web sites load up no bother and I can load it on my phone through 3 g but on my iPad via wifi nee chance. Anyone offer any assistance ?

I had the same problem this morning. I could only access it on a data connection using my phone but not via WiFi on that or on iPad2 or the missus' Kindle. I rang BT as I thought it might be the hub and he 'refreshed' it but as he was talking it seemed to start working on here (am now on a PC) so I assumed it was fettled and let him go. It then worked on the iPad. Now working on this PC OK via the hub. Just checked phone and now accessible via Wifi on there too.

I'm thinking it's possibly Virgin as well. I'm with them and getting connection errors. Wouldn't be surprised if those having problems are with Virgin.

It happened a few months back on Virgin with some image hosting sites, they were getting blocked.
I m BT and its shite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back