Help me choose a garmin

I've got Vivoactive 4 and I like it better than my Fitbit Charge 2. It's more accurate with steps and has GPS built in for running. I find the body battery and running coach are useful.

I've got Vivoactive 4 and I like it better than my Fitbit Charge 2. It's more accurate with steps and has GPS built in for running. I find the body battery and running coach are useful.
I'll have to compare the 3 and 4. There is a canny difference in price.

The one I have been looking at is the vivoactive 3. £150. I know there is a vivo active 4 now too. What are the difference between a vivoactive 3 and a 735xt?

735 is more of a dedicated fitness watch (and supports triathlons) while vivo 3 is more of a 'lifestyle' watch.

Both will probably do what you need if you just want something for general exercise but 735 is a more serious bit of kit (despite being canny old now) if you are a serious runner / cyclist / swimmer.

I got the vivo 4 when it was on offer and am pleased with it.

735 is more of a dedicated fitness watch (and supports triathlons) while vivo 3 is more of a 'lifestyle' watch.

Both will probably do what you need if you just want something for general exercise but 735 is a more serious bit of kit (despite being canny old now) if you are a serious runner / cyclist / swimmer.

I got the vivo 4 when it was on offer and am pleased with it.

735 will probably be overkill for me then so I'm looking at the vivo 3 or 4.

What apps do people like to use? I'm tracking my runs with strava. Is there anything else worth having?

I’ve got another one called iSmoothRun that I used to use a lot pre having the Garmin, it lets you set intervals etc but you can do that with your new watch now so I don’t think you’ll need owt else.

Strava is the only thing I use, does any one pay for the additional features whilst I’m on? Worth it if so?

I’ve got another one called iSmoothRun that I used to use a lot pre having the Garmin, it lets you set intervals etc but you can do that with your new watch now so I don’t think you’ll need owt else.

Strava is the only thing I use, does any one pay for the additional features whilst I’m on? Worth it if so?

I'm pleased with Strava. Haven't used an app for running for a long time and things have definitely improved.

Back