Help Losing Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
The simple fact is eat little and often and everything in moderation.

Expend more calories than you take in

Lifestyle changes

Titus said:
Aye, uni atm.

Train twice a day usually, so try and get a session in at around 9:30 before either boxing at 6:00 on monday/wednesday/friday or running on tuesday/thursday/saturday

You ever used the slip on glove like hand wraps? Sick of the normal cotton ones but dont know how they measure up

You ever used the slip on glove like hand wraps? Sick of the normal cotton ones but dont know how they measure up

I've only ever used them ontop of a partially wrapped hand, and then wrapped over the top of it again for the knuckle protection. Get some decent mexican style hand wraps. At your weight you'll want good carpal bone protection through compressing the top of the hand, rather than just good knuckle padding and wrist support.

Titus said:
I've only ever used them ontop of a partially wrapped hand, and then wrapped over the top of it again for the knuckle protection. Get some decent mexican style hand wraps. At your weight you'll want good carpal bone protection through compressing the top of the hand, rather than just good knuckle padding and wrist support.

Yer I use 5m Thai ones ATM which are wrapped different to western boxing for clinching, I need to grab my other hand round someone's neck. Might have a squire at them, need a new pair of bags gloves anarl was thinking about checking out some cleto's

Yer I use 5m Thai ones ATM which are wrapped different to western boxing for clinching, I need to grab my other hand round someone's neck. Might have a squire at them, need a new pair of bags gloves anarl was thinking about checking out some cleto's

Reye's are very durable, well crafted gloves, but with my hand pain I only use Grant gloves now, don't really fancy any more hand injuries.

Titus said:
Reye's are very durable, well crafted gloves, but with my hand pain I only use Grant gloves now, don't really fancy any more hand injuries.

I have my elbows, knees and legs to fall back on! I kick a lot more than punch due to having giraffe legs!

Use twins 16oz for sparring just need some decent bag gloves for the heavy bag in the back garden

Edit- thumbs are too big for my phone

Last edited:
Haven't read all the thread, so apologies if already posted.

I read a book called Sweet Poison just previous to Xmas. It's about how high in sugar modern diets are, and the negative effects all this sugar has on our health. So put the principles into practice about mid January, try to cut out as much sugar in the diet as I can, not adding it to anything, not eating anything which has quantities either added in (full strength coke etc) or in their 'naturally' (fruit juice = massive sugar).

Managed to drop from 94kgs down to 87kgs to date, just by doing this (no extra exercise) and it's been easy. I reckon I might have another 12kgs to get down to my mid range BMI. I never thought I could ever get down to that sort of weight again (call it middle age spread, but I think I was in denial), but on this low / no sugar diet I think I can.

Last edited:
I have my elbows, knees and legs to fall back on! I kick a lot more than punch due to having giraffe legs!

Use twins 16oz for sparring just need some decent bag gloves for the heavy bag in the back garden

Edit- thumbs are too big for my phone

Haha, you must have some crazy reach aswell though! With me boiling down to welterweight, I'm going to be big and very strong for the weight. I still spar with a super-heavy at the gym, although he's not in shape, he's not extremely fat or anything and I can easily out muscle him.

Twins are also decent gloves, especially for the price. They're a thai (?) brand similar to Windy gloves. Reyes are good like, worth the money you'd be paying!

Haha, you must have some crazy reach aswell though! With me boiling down to welterweight, I'm going to be big and very strong for the weight. I still spar with a super-heavy at the gym, although he's not in shape, he's not extremely fat or anything and I can easily out muscle him.

Twins are also decent gloves, especially for the price. They're a thai (?) brand similar to Windy gloves. Reyes are good like, worth the money you'd be paying!
Yer the twins are thai, slightly different shape for clinching, after i bought them I tried the Fairtex and preferred them so they'll be my next sparring glove.

Aye i'm the Vitali of thai boxing, jab, jab, jab, low kick, jab, jab, jab, low kick.....

Yer the twins are thai, slightly different shape for clinching, after i bought them I tried the Fairtex and preferred them so they'll be my next sparring glove.

Aye i'm the Vitali of thai boxing, jab, jab, jab, low kick, jab, jab, jab, low kick.....

Vitali was a world champion kick boxer anarl' :lol:

BTW, avoid getting white Reyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
JHmackem said:
Exercise Bikes...

Do they work?

Wor lass (fuck off) just bought one. If i ate right, how long would i have to do on the bike for it to have a noticable effect. Ive put on shit loads of weight recently and im pushing 14 clem and im not that tall so basically im fat as fuck.

Ive got canny bad asthma anarl so i dont wanna go running. And theres no bike trails where i live so buying an actual bike is pointless.

Swimming and the gym is out the question on account of being at college from 9am to 4pm then straight to work until 10pm. Plus, im constantly skint.

Ive put on 3/4 stone since meeting me lass, and its become blatently obvious she thinks i look a mess, so really want to lose it.

Any help would be appreciated. Nee fat jokes either you cruel bastards.

The last thing a fatty needs is an excuse to not exercise.
Change your attitude or there is absolutely no hope for you.

aye i posted that youtube link up on the him and Chisora thread. About half the size he is now.

Even when he was a kickboxer, his timing was absolutely incredible. The way he would pull back from punches/kicks that miss by litterally half an inch.

These are the sparring gloves I mainly use:

Logon or register to see this image

& These colour gloves are in the post currently:

Logon or register to see this image

you must be the richest student going.....or maybe not after them purchases! :)

:lol:

I just handle my money well tbh! I think 99% of the money I have is spent on training expenses or food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back