Help: Derelict Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffers

Central Defender
Planning a full days photography around the NE on Friday. Can anyone advise of any interesting derelict/disused/historical spots around the NE. Especially keen on the ship building roots but anything with history is of interest.
Cheers.

Planning a full days photography around the NE on Friday. Can anyone advise of any interesting derelict/disused/historical spots around the NE. Especially keen on the ship building roots but anything with history is of interest.
Cheers.

Not sure if this is what your looking for but here's something that may be worth a look :

http://m.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/finchale-priory/

I pass it daily on my way to work (albeit from across the river) but never been down myself. It sits right on the river wear so I've often thought that there is bound to be some nice shots down there incorporating the river etc. I just haven't got round to taking the camera down yet to have a proper look. It's about 15-20 mins from Sunderland or probably 10 from Durham.

Fish quay in North Shields

Fenwick colliery.

If you're wanting a chaperone let is knaa, I know both sites well. Will hoy some images up when I'm at me desk the morra.

Cheers.

You've come to the right place. :lol:

Incidentally if your interested in Sunderlands Ship Building heritage then I hugely recommend that you check the link below out. This project won the architecture-industry award at the International Photography awards a couple of years back and was featured in a few publications. The photographer, Paul Knox was my lecturer on a photography course I attended at Sunderland college and a really top bloke. I really love some if these mages, especially the office shots are very atmospheric :

http://www.paulalexanderknox.com/where-ships-were-born

P.s I don't advocate that you break into a ship yard without permission. :)

sorry marra, I forgot about this... red wine.. on reflection i'm not sure it is what you're looking for; both are indeed derelict/abandoned locations in the north east though..

Fish Quay:

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

That's worse!!!

ah! that's why you bottled it, here's me thinking your lass had given you an in-by time.. silly me.

We should gan back like, I think having been there once we could probably do much better without all the fire works.. plus it wont be over grown this time of year..

ah! that's why you bottled it, here's me thinking your lass had given you an in-by time.. silly me.

We should gan back like, I think having been there once we could probably do much better without all the fire works.. plus it wont be over grown this time of year..
aye I'll have a look. Rock solid me liek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back