Help - Channel 4

Good acting and a hard watch. Very anti-government but the plot made little sense really.
Some of the homes were like that and anti government is very appropriate and very correct to be too.
our local homes as a whole were well looked after but the odd one struggled with PPE and staff but I know we were fortunate as some were not as fortunate.
Sadly , the entire industry is still struggling and will continue until it’s funded rightand staffed right.
Great drama

I'm guessing it was a 1 off drama ? It was excellent, made perfect sense to me.
Those horrible fucks sent covid infected patients into care homes and wiped many of the residents out, shame on them and the pitiful PPE situation.
The story was fine, it was just a women who wanted to make a difference, she did but not in the textbook way.
Brilliant acting, very poignant and hard hitting.

Those horrible fucks sent covid infected patients into care homes and wiped many of the residents out, shame on them and the pitiful PPE situation.
The story was fine, it was just a women who wanted to make a difference, she did but not in the textbook way.
Same here. Made sense to me too.

Cracking bit of telly and the boris and his mob should hang their heads in shame.

Same here. Made sense to me too.

Cracking bit of telly and the boris and his mob should hang their heads in shame.
It was horrifying, I remember the absolute terror I felt when it all took hold and couldn't imagine how the hell care homes were supposed to cope with that.
I would like to see more, the story still had a bit of movement and needed proper resolution.
I'll be forever thinking what happened to so and so, they could have done another episode and expanded the story tbh.

Thought it was excellent with a very strong cast. There were some minor plot holes but it was far superior to a lot of the stuff people believe to be 'great drama'.
If I had one criticism, and I'm reaching a bit here, it's that Comer's character should have had some more rough edges. A care home worker who had been booted out of loads of schools would have looked and acted a bit rougher even if deep down she had a good heart.
Her acting could have handled it so not sure why they didn't do it.

Just went a bit strange in the last section. Was out of character for her to go a bit bonkers and take him away

Couldn't bring myself to watch it. I'm sure it's good and the cast is top notch but just thought it would be a bit grim and maybe too soon.

Couldn't bring myself to watch it. I'm sure it's good and the cast is top notch but just thought it would be a bit grim and maybe too soon.
I thought that and put off watching it last night. Gave it a go tonight and it's not the unrelenting grimness you would expect given the subject matter and Graham's involvement. Little bits of humour and humanity in amongst it.

Yeah. Playing Al Capone is probably as light hearted as he's gotten 😀 Although he is in that Sky comedy 404. Never watched that though. Not sure why Graham and May are both excellent actors.
I watched it as I like them both. I don't think they're suited to comedy based on that.
I thought that and put off watching it last night. Gave it a go tonight and it's not the unrelenting grimness you would expect given the subject matter and Graham's involvement. Little bits of humour and humanity in amongst it.
I enjoyed it. Ending was daft like.

Last edited:

Back