Height and weight charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MorNando

My daughter is 110 cm and 20kg at 10 year old which is a good 15 cm smaller than the lower line on the height chart.

I don't want her to think that being small is an issue. At the same time, I want to make sure I'm doing all I can as a parent.

The gp measured her and said she is normal height for her age, which I know is not true. My wife saw the gp, not me and she tends to nod and smile. I'm not really confident that the gp did his job properly.

How would you deal with this? Have we any medical experts to provide advice on here?

My daughter is 110 cm and 20kg at 10 year old which is a good 15 cm smaller than the lower line on the height chart.

I don't want her to think that being small is an issue. At the same time, I want to make sure I'm doing all I can as a parent.

The gp measured her and said she is normal height for her age, which I know is not true. My wife saw the gp, not me and she tends to nod and smile. I'm not really confident that the gp did his job properly.

How would you deal with this? Have we any medical experts to provide advice on here?

Isf she is smaller, what can you do? Stick her in the garden and water her?

Surely it's just one of those things. Plenty of people are smaller than average.

As a parent of a daughter who was consistently smaller and lighter than her peers I understand your concern. Is your child normally in good health, does she do the same things that her peer group do?

Is she putting on weight and getting taller even at a lower rate than her peers? What about your xtended family? How tall are they? If you have nieces how do they compare to your daughter at the same age? Is she a picky eater, or does she eat well?

Some people are just naturally small, your daughter may be one of them. But, having said that, I think that it could be worth asking for a referral to a paediatrician, just to be sure that her growth is normal and not being held back for some reason.

I'd just ignore it. As long as she is fit, well and healthy, that's all that matters.

Look at them all lined up going into class and you'll see they are all different heights. It's just how children are! Some will turn into small adults, some may have a sudden growth spurt (like my middle one did) and turn into tall adults. I was one of the tallest in primary school, then just stopped growing in early secondary school and finished up being 5'4".

I'd just ignore it. As long as she is fit, well and healthy, that's all that matters.

Look at them all lined up going into class and you'll see they are all different heights. It's just how children are! Some will turn into small adults, some may have a sudden growth spurt (like my middle one did) and turn into tall adults. I was one of the tallest in primary school, then just stopped growing in early secondary school and finished up being 5'4".

See titchy pud. But you're bigger than kylie.

Think about it mate would you prefer your daughter to be small and petite..or big and hefty ? I know which one I would choose

Think about it mate would you prefer your daughter to be small and petite..or big and hefty ? I know which one I would choose
My Gt Neice is 13 years old and just over 6 foot tall. Always been tall, you forget how young she is and expect too much from her. I suspect that given the choice, she would prefer to be a titchy.

As a parent of a daughter who was consistently smaller and lighter than her peers I understand your concern. Is your child normally in good health, does she do the same things that her peer group do?

Is she putting on weight and getting taller even at a lower rate than her peers? What about your xtended family? How tall are they? If you have nieces how do they compare to your daughter at the same age? Is she a picky eater, or does she eat well?

Some people are just naturally small, your daughter may be one of them. But, having said that, I think that it could be worth asking for a referral to a paediatrician, just to be sure that her growth is normal and not being held back for some reason.
She has dance classes 3 nights a week for 2 hours each. Then 5 hours on a Saturday. She eats all the right stuff and isn't picky. However, she can't eat citrus, have caffeine or eat chocolate due to migraines. We give her vitamin supplements to make sure she isn't missing anything due to lack of fruit.

My extended family are around my height and my wife's height. We are a small family but it just seems that she is even smaller by quite a bit.

But 4'5" is small if she stays on that line.

I'd get a referral to a paediatrician ASAP too, it may be a diet thing or it might require treatment, get it sorted now and don't let them fob you off.

My Gt Neice is 13 years old and just over 6 foot tall. Always been tall, you forget how young she is and expect too much from her. I suspect that given the choice, she would prefer to be a titchy.[/QUOT
But 4'5" is small if she stays on that line.

I'd get a referral to a paediatrician ASAP too, it may be a diet thing or it might require treatment, get it sorted now and don't let them fob you off.

A lot of smaller girls wear heels so it isn't that obvious....But I'm properly old school anyway

Our eldest (6yo) is around 1.2m and the youngest (4yo) is just under 1.1m. They both have their birthdays in the next couple of months and whilst the youngest is fairly big compared to his classmates I would say the eldest is average height in her class. Suppose kids all just grow/develop at their own pace though. Wouldnt care but I`m not particularly tall either

Wouldn't give a shit really as long as the kid is in good general health.

My son plays Under 7s football & the height & weight differences & extremes are huge at that type of age.

(although we do suspect the odd side cheats by having a odd 8 year old playing here or there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back