Heckingbottom Vs Grayson

Every manager has to start somewhere, Barnsley is his first job and he's done pretty well, who's to say he wont go on and become a top class manager.

Every manager has to finish they're career somewhere.....if youre growing your reputation you know where not to go!

Was he the Barnsley manager that got them promotion via the league 1 play offs after Barnsley were bottom in the November of that season ?

Its league 1 with barnsley ffs! Complete and different monster with Sunderland......Grayson was fathoms out his depth so why would heckinbottom be any different!

Heckingbottom is basicially grayson at the start of his managerial career, decent motivator and coach with unfashionable players and clubs, he will have a similar career to grayson unless he comes to sunderland which will kill him dead, ive said it on here before that we are in desperate need for a firefighter to get this team to stand up and be counted....Karanka in some ways would be the ideal choice, a young up and coming coach is not that. This is yet again bargain basement appointments from the men up top who on a good season thinks we should be finishing 6th or 7th in the premier league! People dont need to be told that we are been ran into the ground by these clueless twats and to be honest if we are really going to appoint heckingbottam we might as well bring back grayson....absolute joke

You know absolutely fuck all about Paul Heckingbottom, or what similarities he has with Grayson.

And every criticism you level against Heckingbottom could have been said about, for example, Denis Smith.

You know absolutely fuck all about Paul Heckingbottom, or what similarities he has with Grayson.

And every criticism you level against Heckingbottom could have been said about, for example, Denis Smith.

Im not criticising him at all, im merely stating its the wrong appointment.....as its cheap and he has very little experience, I know about his playing career that that he was a lower division plodder and he couldnt get near our first team....granted that doesnt make him a bad manager but a 40 year old manager who has only managed barnsley coming into the snakepit of sunderland would be a train wreck.......... in my opinion

He doesn't strike me as being owt like Grayson. Maybe a better comparison would be with Eddie Howe's early management career as his style seems to be getting young players playing attacking football. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. The sol would be bouncing if he managed to bring a few of the young'uns through.

He doesn't strike me as being owt like Grayson. Maybe a better comparison would be with Eddie Howe's early management career as his style seems to be getting young players playing attacking football. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. The sol would be bouncing if he managed to bring a few of the young'uns through.
Aye, everyone around me at the match can't t get enough of Honeyman and Watmore like.

Conte and Di Canio are both Italian. Big deal.

Heckingbottom won sports hero of the year 2016 from the Yorkshire Post. I didn’t see Grayson winning the Lancashire Telegraph equivalent. It’s always going to be a gamble with our current resources but he actually looks a lot more flexible in his approach than many of the names mentioned.

:lol: You're such a wailing fanny!
Yeah look my posts said Moyes would get us relegated fact said relegrayson we get us relegated where r we know? And now going to appoint a Manager who has his team 9 points above us with no proven record of getting a team promoted, Bain fundamental changes my arse get real

Im not criticising him at all, im merely stating its the wrong appointment.....as its cheap and he has very little experience, I know about his playing career that that he was a lower division plodder and he couldnt get near our first team....granted that doesnt make him a bad manager but a 40 year old manager who has only managed barnsley coming into the snakepit of sunderland would be a train wreck.......... in my opinion
You alright there Simon? The sacking has really got to you.

:lol: You're such a wailing fanny!

Sorry mate, you've lost me there.
We've got no money. We need someone to come in and get the best out of the young lads. Heckingbottom seems to have a knack for it. I'm not Honeymans greatest fan myself but we do have other promising young lads. One things for sure, the way forward isn't Catts, Gibson, O'Shea etc. Their legs have gone. Fair enough, you might not rate Heckingbottom, that's your call but bedding in young players is the way forward due to our finances.

Back