Hebburn Town....

Anyone doubting the support from Jarrow Hebburn and north of the Tyne should drive down the John Reid road in Jarrow after a match. 5 miles from Sunderland and it is choked with match traffic. More noticeable after a night natch when there is nothing coming the other way. Off to Hebburn match tomorrow. The Vase is a great competition with more meaning for those involved than any other competition

Hebburn lad all my life but Sunderland is my team. If the lads aren't playing I like to catch a local game. Already got my tickets for tomorrow for me and eldest son. The owners of Hebburn Town are massive Sunderland fans. Incidentally there are loads of Sunderland fans in Hebburn and always have been. I remember going to games as a kid in the early seventies on the Progessive Club bus. Victory f o r Hebburn today, a win for SAFC tomorrow and a defeat for the barcodes would make a great weekend.

I'm going, used to play for Hebburn but they're much better now,

Got to coach the lads u17s game first though I'd I'm currently rough as fk!

Looking through this, it’s just come to me, poor little Jarra play on an old community centre pitch, Shields and Hebburn both play on pitches originally built by Corporate social clubs. Why couldn’t Lennigs have built a bastard social club instead of trying to blow the town up

Last edited:

Back