Heatwave coming

It's been awful today, I am totally and utterly cooked. After 10pm and I still have all my windows and doors open. Plus my daughter who is disabled is totally refusing to go to sleep because of the heat, I am close to tearing my hair out! I am sick to death of it. Give me winter and dark nights over summer anyday.

It's been awful today, I am totally and utterly cooked. After 10pm and I still have all my windows and doors open. Plus my daughter who is disabled is totally refusing to go to sleep because of the heat, I am close to tearing my hair out! I am sick to death of it. Give me winter and dark nights over summer anyday.
Fuck that. I've spent years contributing to global warming so we could have day's like these.

Completely agree, I had a shower at 5.30, put on the thinnest of cotton shorts and vest and by 6.00pm felt like I’d never been washed for a month.
And I’m worried about me dad in it too. Hot weather is as bad as cold for poorly people.
I hope your daughter settles. xx

We were away in the caravan a few weeks ago and it was unbareable so I got a 5000 btu air con unit from Homebase for £150. Thought it was a bit steep when you can get them second hand for £60-80. turns out it was one of my best buys ever. Brought it home so going into the nice cool bedroom is awesome, it could be colder if I blocked the window properly but it’s still 6-8c cooler than ambient.

Have a cold shower before bed man and get on with it. It's not that bad at night.

Personally loving this weather, can't remember a time before where we've had such consistent heat with no let up. Not even a storm either which is rare for London. Class summer, long may it continue.

Have a cold shower before bed man and get on with it. It's not that bad at night.

Personally loving this weather, can't remember a time before where we've had such consistent heat with no let up. Not even a storm either which is rare for London. Class summer, long may it continue.
I hate it, sorry but I do

Back