Hearing back after a job interview

@tunstallhill
Clear you in box mate

Done

Tried marks and sparks? They add a load of Xmas staff usually. I worked dispatching turkeys there when I was a bairn.

Don't think so like I'll mention it to her. Probably go round town again this weekend

She tried Royal Mail or The Empire Theatre? A couple of my mates young'uns got sorted there in years gone by, good luck to her anyway.

Never thought of the empire like. Good shout

Has she put her CV into any agencies? Most are arseholes but do occasionally get you something, I used to get nightshifts at Xmas filling the shelves at Boots and that was always through Adecco. That was a canny free years ago mind but can't hurt to pop in to a few.

Primark are always taking young kids on.
My daughter worked there and although the pay is shit, it shows willing and experience to future employers.

I remember going for an interview near Neville's Cross a good few years ago, had to get 2 buses to get home

By the time I had finally got home my brother asked me where I had been

'Durham for a job interview?'

'was it for the council?'

'Yeah why?'

'they have just rang to say you didn't get it'

I applied for numerous jobs back then but it was the first time I have ever been knocked back with a message from my brother

Well feedback on what's letting you down and learning how to correspond with businesses. Both pretty important.
At 16?in the type of work she is looking for?
With the greatest respect to you and everyone involved. Don’t be silly.

It’s time to let go, time for them to taste disappointment and uncertainty all by themselves unfortunately.

Yes at 16. Its not about learning disappointment, it's about your reaction to disappointment and trying to better yourself.
She is applying for a minimum wage shop job, I would imagine she will better herself by the sounds of it no doubt.
What sort of feedback do you think she is gonna receive?

I think the op was more concerned about the bairn being left in the dark to wether she got it or not.

Back