Hearing back after a job interview

tried explaining this to her in a million different ways.

she's been round the town with her printed out CV's, into most shops, and most in Dalton Park, plus applied for probably 20 posts that were advertised online. she's had 3 phone calls back, 2 of which ended with an interview. its basic work she's looking for, just as side job while she studies, but i imagine there must be dozens applying for each position

Unfortunately when you’re applying for that type of work getting a response will be rare. CV’s are put on a pile and never looked at, no proper recruitment process and the people managing the process will not care or possibly not even aware your relative has applied due to volume of applications.

Function staff at hotels/golf clubs are usually a good shout at this time of year.

So many businesses get this wrong. Employer branding is so important which they fail to care about.

She should follow up with a nice email, keep her standards (even if they can't) and the right job will come eventually.

'What' s for us won't pass us by'

My mate set the co-op skip on fire which almost set the place on fire when he got knocked back from the weekend job. Not saying your step daughter should do that, could ruin her career with cctv around and that, nowt stopping you like.

When I had a recruitment consultancy EVERY unsuccessful applicant received a letter explaining that they hadn't been with a sanitised reason why not, within the timescale outlined in the interview.

I always try to tell any interviewee to their face in the meeting if they haven't got the job. I think most people appreciate it , it saves writing bullshit emails and it gives the candidate a chance to fight for their application if they disagree with the feedback..to show a bit of character and desire.

If I'm not able to make a decision there & then then I'll always give feedback, but usually a generic more suitable candidate line to save time on debate after the fact.

Got to be a wind up this thread like.
No disrespect to the op in anyway but haway mate.
I can understand some posters who hold professional jobs being a bit miffed by this but haway.

It’s the real world, no one gives a rat shit about anyone else. The Facebook and insta likes mean diddly squat.
And the sooner the young’ns learn that the better.

Mind I hope she gets sorted I’m in the same boat with mine next year.

I always try to tell any interviewee to their face in the meeting if they haven't got the job. I think most people appreciate it , it saves writing bullshit emails and it gives the candidate a chance to fight for their application if they disagree with the feedback..to show a bit of character and desire.

If I'm not able to make a decision there & then then I'll always give feedback, but usually a generic more suitable candidate line to save time on debate after the fact.
Are you a company owner or manager mate.

Owt mate. Evening and weekend work whilst she is at 6th form, xmas temp stuff. Retail or anything really. It's not cheap being a 16 year old these days
She tried Royal Mail or The Empire Theatre? A couple of my mates young'uns got sorted there in years gone by, good luck to her anyway.

mate of mine did 12, yes TWELVE interviews for a job with Facebook and never heard back from them.
Bloke left here recently to go to Facebook. Said he had 7 hours worth of interviews in one day.

Thought it was great because they'll do your laundry, you get an evening meal etc. until it was pointed out that's because they want you to work 24/7.....knacker.

Bloke left here recently to go to Facebook. Said he had 7 hours worth of interviews in one day.

Thought it was great because they'll do your laundry, you get an evening meal etc. until it was pointed out that's because they want you to work 24/7.....knacker.
It’s crazy, I did an interview recently for a place that was expecting a 12 hour day five days a week, when I expressed surprise at this the guy interviewing said yeah but we have a barber who comes on site and you also get your laundry done! Neither of those things take me the extra 20 hours a week!

Stopped the interview there and just left.

It’s crazy, I did an interview recently for a place that was expecting a 12 hour day five days a week, when I expressed surprise at this the guy interviewing said yeah but we have a barber who comes on site and you also get your laundry done! Neither of those things take me the extra 20 hours a week!

Stopped the interview there and just left.
That’s a contravention of the Working Time Directive. You could have taken then job then refused to work more than 48 hours a week.

(Until March, anyway).

To be honest even though it’s not right i think with weekend jobs or part time jobs whilst at college your always going to get the unprofessional non response. Most the managers in charge and young uns themselves and they don’t really give a shit. They know it’s just a side job for people and they will receive 100s of cvs. Most of the time they’ll give it to someone they or another staff member know.

The problem is it seems this is also happening with career jobs, professional roles when people have took a lot of time and effort in applying and attending interviews then not even getting a call to inform them of the outcome.

Personally I would inform everyone who had attended an interview regardless of the job. If people have made the effort they deserve the same in return.

mate of mine did 12, yes TWELVE interviews for a job with Facebook and never heard back from them.
Mrs Ringo did 21 interviews with Palantir, including getting flown out to San Francisco for one. She’d been interviewe by the entire f***ing company before they rejected her, the total arseholes.

Back