Headland, Hartlepool.

The Headland and Seaton are decent and make for decent walks, the Headland totally different from years ago, when it was a bleak place indeed. Walked to the North Gare for the first time a couple months ago, fantastic industrial landscape on view, one of the best in the country I would imagine , if you like that sort of thing. The Globe is the best pub on the Headland , end of, typical dockside boozer stuck in a time warp, serving a great pint of Strongarm at 2 quid a pint.
Always go to the headland carnival each year. Shame it's not as good as it used to be.

What is?
I like the new houses, built on the old Steetely site, very tasteful, all different colours, giving them a sort of Germanic/Scandinavian feel. I imagine at this time of the year it might feel as though you are in Scandinavia as well ;) Reckon it will be a nice place to live once it beds in.

Last edited:
The Headland and Seaton are decent and make for decent walks, the Headland totally different from years ago, when it was a bleak place indeed. Walked to the North Gare for the first time a couple months ago, fantastic industrial landscape on view, one of the best in the country I would imagine , if you like that sort of thing. The Globe is the best pub on the Headland , end of, typical dockside boozer stuck in a time warp, serving a great pint of Strongarm at 2 quid a pint.

What is?
I like the new houses, built on the old Steetely site, very tasteful, all different colours, giving them a sort of Germanic/Scandinavian feel. I imagine at this time of the year it might feel as though you are in Scandinavia as well ;) Reckon it will be a nice place to live once it beds in.

one of my running routes the beach infront of those houses, a couple were having wedding photos took infront of the derelict steetley pier.:lol:

When permitted think ill make it a regulat pub crawl. Globe > pot house > fishermans, etc.

Fuck me, any salt and vinegar
I knew I'd forgot something. ;)
Resident there until I was 13 before moving to Sunderland. Great place to be a kid. Would live to live on the Town wall. Beaconsfield Square and Northgate was where I lived. I'm sure the blue plaques will be on my old homes, I haven't checked back in a while.

Hoping plenty of mentions for Billy Nunn

I suspect you might be well acquainted with a least 2 of my uncles :lol: I think they stick to the Cos these days.
Blind Billy Nunn?
Aye, Billy Nunn’s mentioned a canny few times. Over 400 replies on his post, if you’re from Hartlepool, you might know Buck who posted it, well worth a look.
Would that be Buck Rodgers? Davy?

Last edited:
At school, if you valued yourteeth you dint feck with anyonefrom the headland like, like one huge family, litterally.
Knew a few families who still had 3/4 generations in a house etc.

Cant be many places where you can have 400k houses n shithole slum typeones like 50 yards apart.

one of my running routes the beach infront of those houses, a couple were having wedding photos took infront of the derelict steetley pier.:lol:

When permitted think ill make it a regulat pub crawl. Globe > pot house > fishermans, etc.

All the pubs on the Headland are canny like, with the possible exception of The Ship, which is a bit rough, the worst person in there being the landlord :oops: Globe is my favourite , only been in the Victoria once, Cosmopolitan, Gaietys ( ex Middlesbrough) and Pot House (ex Harbour of Refuge ) Fishermans Arms all okay. Some of the best ones have closed since I started drinking, The Sun , New Fleece, Kirkham and The Bridge.

Used to think of it as a shithole full of inbred knackers during my school years:p but its actually a stunning walk, with whitby like vibe.

Any of yous fancy a change of scenary for a stroll, park near Penrith Street, walk right round to Barkers place, grab a bag of chips and a pint when permitted, lovely imo.

Had a walk with hoond at Seaton Carew Monday. Headed towards Port Clarence. Nice walk.

All the pubs on the Headland are canny like, with the possible exception of The Ship, which is a bit rough, the worst person in there being the landlord :oops: Globe is my favourite , only been in the Victoria once, Cosmopolitan, Gaietys ( ex Middlesbrough) and Pot House (ex Harbour of Refuge ) Fishermans Arms all okay. Some of the best ones have closed since I started drinking, The Sun , New Fleece, Kirkham and The Bridge.

Was it the Sun Inn or the New Inn that was the after hours drinking hole for policemen ? Ref the Ship , I was once taking photo's of traditional English pubs for a colleague in USA who had a think about them and ended up on the Headland . Was sat in the car around 11.00 in the morning getting a few shots of the Ship when 3 or 4 locals burst out with pool queues in their hands . Luckily I had the engine running and was offski :)

Was it the Sun Inn or the New Inn that was the after hours drinking hole for policemen ? Ref the Ship , I was once taking photo's of traditional English pubs for a colleague in USA who had a think about them and ended up on the Headland . Was sat in the car around 11.00 in the morning getting a few shots of the Ship when 3 or 4 locals burst out with pool queues in their hands . Luckily I had the engine running and was offski :)

Was it the New Inn that used to serve beer with a head on it like ice cream soda?
I seem to recall being in there on a lunchtime when they put snacks on the bar, the lad I was with had a "sweetbread", nearly choked when I told him what it was :lol:

The New Inn is where me Mam sent me to buy tabs for her when I was about 6 :lol: I don't think they were too fussy about who they served, so it could have been that. I think the The New Fleece was supposed to be well known for its after hours activities too.

Last edited:
The New Inn is where me Mam sent me to buy tabs for her when I was about 6 :lol: I don't think they were too fussy about who they served, so it could have been that. I think the The New Fleece was supposed to be well known for its after hours activities too.

Actually it might have been the New Fleece ? was that near the Fire Station on Durham Road ?

Back