Head Lice

Thanks becs, will give it a try.
It's getting beyond the joke now - my little 'un keeps getting nits from this scruffy girl in her class (how do you tell an 8yo not to be friends with someone?) but the parents won't do a thing about it. Lazy fuckers
Is the other kids parents blaming you?

Kids get them all the time in the juniors, my bairns were being treated constantly because other parents couldnt be arsed to.

Our lass , who works in a chemist , reckons that the issuing of Calpol etc free of charge , ended over a year ago. People were also getting the likes of paracetamol on prescription which costs buttons but was costing the NHS a fortune. The waste in the NHS is an absolute disgrace.

I am led to believe the cost of a prescription being issued and medication supplied is about £10 and that does not cost in the price of the medication. I used to refuse aspirin on prescription (it is free to me, but still costs the doctors and NHS) as 1 can buy 100 tablets for 75p. that is 3 months supply so therefore saving NHS about £30

there is also vast wastage in places of prescriptions to be delivered, when the person is not in to receive. A note is left and asks the recipient to contact the pharmacy. most do of course but a number don't. This adds up over the months and the amount never collected is horrendous.

Long time ago but our youngest kept getting them. She hated the smell of the treatment. The others weren't too fond either especially as they kept on being treated as well. Eventually bought this electric comb which crushed the lice and the eggs. Here friend moved away and the comb and treatments were never used again.

I took a black bin bag full of unused prescription opioids of a patient a while ago. Ridiculous waste on the nhs.
My Mum (sorry - mam) was a District Nurse for years. She used to take unused/unopened medication to some of her patients to avoid unnecessary repeat dispensing. It's a f***ing shambles,
I spent 6 months working there, and had my eyes opened unbelievably as to the BILLIONS of money this country haemorrhages in prescription and dental costs

Our lass , who works in a chemist , reckons that the issuing of Calpol etc free of charge , ended over a year ago. People were also getting the likes of paracetamol on prescription which costs buttons but was costing the NHS a fortune. The waste in the NHS is an absolute disgrace.
The pharmacys are biggest culprits.

My Mum (sorry - mam) was a District Nurse for years. She used to take unused/unopened medication to some of her patients to avoid unnecessary repeat dispensing. It's a f***ing shambles,
I spent 6 months working there, and had my eyes opened unbelievably as to the BILLIONS of money this country haemorrhages in prescription and dental costs
Away now.

Last edited:

Back