Head Lice

Our lass , who works in a chemist , reckons that the issuing of Calpol etc free of charge , ended over a year ago. People were also getting the likes of paracetamol on prescription which costs buttons but was costing the NHS a fortune. The waste in the NHS is an absolute disgrace.
Tell me about it! Worked at the NHS a few years back and did some studies into pharmaceutical waste. The numbers are shocking

Makes you wonder what could be done? It's not fair on the kid in question, nor is it fair on the class mates of said child who keep getting her nits.....

Get a small spray bottle and fill it with water and a couple of drops of tea tree essential oil. Give their hair a mist when they're getting ready for school each morning. Nits hate the smell of tea tree.

Get a small spray bottle and fill it with water and a couple of drops of tea tree essential oil. Give their hair a mist when they're getting ready for school each morning. Nits hate the smell of tea tree.
Thanks becs, will give it a try.
It's getting beyond the joke now - my little 'un keeps getting nits from this scruffy girl in her class (how do you tell an 8yo not to be friends with someone?) but the parents won't do a thing about it. Lazy fuckers

Thanks becs, will give it a try.
It's getting beyond the joke now - my little 'un keeps getting nits from this scruffy girl in her class (how do you tell an 8yo not to be friends with someone?) but the parents won't do a thing about it. Lazy fuckers

It's annoying. When mine were in primary, school said they couldn't approach the parents directly and just had to keep sending out generic "a case of nits has been reported - check your child" type letters and hope the parents would do something about it.

It's annoying. When mine were in primary, school said they couldn't approach the parents directly and just had to keep sending out generic "a case of nits has been reported - check your child" type letters and hope the parents would do something about it.
Same thing happens at our school,

If a kid at school has head lice the school should have to power to shave there heads to bald, our a phone call to parents saying you kid does not come back until the head lice are gone

This.
We all knew the bastard family and kids that were infested.
SORT IT OUT ......politically correct rubbish.

We used clingfilm and mayonnaise on the bairn. They don't like mayonnaise apparently.

I read that when I was looking for something to get rid of them when my two boys got them as I was trying not to use the chemical stuff too much as one of mine had allergies.
I ended up using olive oil as they flatly refused to have mayonnaise put on their heads lol . I read that it’s the oil in mayonnaise that does the trick .

If a kid has permanent nits and the parents are clearly doing nothing about it. Does that class as neglect?
Yes

If a kid has permanent nits and the parents are clearly doing nothing about it. Does that class as neglect?
If the kid does have permanent lice it 8s a sign of neglect and could be a sign if more substantial neglect of care. The school should start a conference around it including health and social service (and the family of course ) who knows they even might have already..

Last edited:
Aye, the bairn had nits once - it's the worms I'm more afraid of, f***ing horrible (and he'll have caught them at school or potentially soft play etc). Some parents just don't give a fuck, horrible neglectful bastards :evil:.

Back