Hazeys latest blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
In common with everyone else, I feel special and priviliged to have been able to share some of Graeme's most intimate and personal thoughts. What was most impressive about him was his marvellous humanity which manifested itself in every word written and every emotion expressed within both his blogs and his regular contributions to these boards.

A very good general rule for life. Never seal an envelope after midnight - always wait until morning, re-read and then decide about posting. It's a shame it's more difficult to do that with texts and emails.

And in my case, posts on here !!!!

And comiserations to all his family, friends and internet friends.

As a mark of respect there is no swearing in my post-midnight post.
Just spelling mistakes, possibly.

RIP

reading the messages on here, its amazing how much of an impact this man made :-(

RIP Hazey

Never had the pleasure of knowing of knowing you in person, but feel touched by what you wrote in your blogs.

My dad just found out recently that the cancer in his lungs has spread to his brain and he now faces a further period of uncertainty knowing how quickly the brain tumour will develop. Somehow, there is a lot in Hazey's blogs which fills the lack of knowledge about the way people feel in such situations. It's all too easy to say, "I know how you feel", when in fact we don't have any idea at all. Hazey's blogs have helped me and probably many others too to at least have a better understanding of the hellish days terminally ill sufferers go through.

You've gone to a better place now Hazey ... a place where you'll be at peace and Sunderland will be top of the league every day of the week. Say hello to Porterfield from us all.

RIP Hazey ... you've earned it.

Desperately sad news. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Hazey has left a remarkable legacy and has had a profound impact on so many through his honesty and courage.

Rest in peace

Ah shit. :-(

If it's possible, my respect and admiration has increased further. It's just so humbling to see how lucid, positive and self effacing he was, now we know that he was so close to the end. He must have been going through hell, yet somehow filled all who read his blogs with awe and wonder at the world.

It's quite some legacy for a normal bloke to have touched so many people he's never met. Imagine the effect he must have had on those who were privilaged enough to have known him.

At least his suffering is over, at least he got to enjoy a final Christmas with his wonderful family and at least he had his chance to make his peace with the world.

A true great of this board, and beyond. And I'm pretty sure people don't scrape yoghurt pots in Heaven. :-D

Rest in Peace mate.

No amount of fast blinking can stop the tears today.
Goodbye Hazey, this will be a lesser place without you.

Have't been on here for a few days and have just seen the news....gutted doesn't come close to explaining it.

I knew Hazey many moons ago. We lived next door to each other in fulwell. He were a few years older than me but we were good mates for a time. I remeber going to games in the mainstand paddock with him, to the roker rookies, fishing, making airfix models too - a bit of an obsession of his at the time. Funnily enough me mam brought a box of stuff round to mine a few months ago which I had never cleared out. In there was a vid of me 8th b'day - 5 a side at crowtree with Hazey playing.

Greame moved a few times eventually ending up at Whitburn and then Alnwick and we sort of stopped being mates. One day there was a thread on here about dogging in millview club carpark:lol: As the thread went on, we slowly realised who one another was. We swapped PM's about how everyone was and what we'd been up to etc.

Like everyone on here, I followed his blog. Even before his illness it was one of the best things on here. Now it will be no more. Agreat loss to the SMB and the world in general.

My thought go out to Mike and Yiland and his sister mel and Liz. The lad was a total inspiration

Gutted - the blogs have been inspirational - the one on his dad really sorted me out.

Never knew the lad but thoughts and prayers are with his family - his love and his affection for his family, expecially his wife was tremendous.

At least Hazey is at peace and no longer in pain and suffering.

He will be sadly missed - another good SMB'r leaves us for a better place

RIP

R.I.P Hazey - sleep well. It's been very hard reading what Graeme went through as it brought back horrible memories of losing my brother five years ago to his own Dark Friend but I'm so glad Hazey managed to live out his last days with the dignity he deserved. He was one brave and inspirational man who found out what the rest of us yearn for - what life is all about.

gutted to hear the news

rip mate, you've been an inspiration to me and many others

Shit.

First time i've been on for a couple of days, and this happens.
Typical that I have to read it at work and not at home. Bloody chemical fumes make your eyes water.

So long Hazey mate. Never mind Will Smith, you are the true Legend.

Been banned for a bit so not been able to post.

Didn't know the lad, but this posts and blogs were fantastic to read and truely inspirational. I'm just reciting what other people are saying, but what else is there to say?

His blogs were hilarious and full of emotion.

Suffering is over.

You've touched us all. Not in a gay way of course.

Have a good lie up marra. Hopefully the lads can get 3 points on Sunday for you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back