Hazey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger

Striker
What can I say.

There was a thread on here posted by Hazey's sister and wife stating that sadly he died early this morning and dozens of you had posted your respects on it.

Unfortunately there were two diverging versions of the thread in different forums rather than a re-direct linking the two.

In my efforts to tidy this up, I have only gone and deleted them both (maybe Hazey is having a final laugh at me!!)

I can only apologise, and say although I never met the lad, I am gutted like everyone else.

Message from Liz and Mel was:

This is Liz and Mel. How do you put this into words? other than we want to let you know that Graeme (Hazey as you know him) died at 4a.m. This morning. This blog and board have meant more to him than words can say and we know he would have wanted all of you to get the news as soon as possible. Right up to a few hours before his death he asked us to check the board for new messages from you guys. So many of you have said he was inspirational. This gave him great comfort and made him realise what a wonderful person he was. We are going to start a thread on the board for you to leave messages for him. And in a few weeks time we are planning a memorial nights in both the South and in the North East. We'd very much like as many of you (his virtual friends) to come along and celebrate his life with us.

Thank you for everything. Keep checking his blog as we would all like to tell you more and expand on this message.

Edit:

[user]Steven[/user] has managed to recover some of the earlier posts and has uploaded them to his website for us. Links below:

http://www.aopm35.dsl.pipex.com/hazey/hazey1.html
http://www.aopm35.dsl.pipex.com/hazey/hazey2.html
http://www.aopm35.dsl.pipex.com/hazey/hazey3.html
http://www.aopm35.dsl.pipex.com/hazey/hazey4.html

201-236:

http://www.aopm35.dsl.pipex.com/hazey/hazey201.html

Last edited by a moderator:

The SMB's finest ladies and gentleman!

EDIT: Gives me a chance to give him a more fitting tribute.

When I first started reading Hazey's blogs, I was a bit ignorant of what was actually going on. I knew he was ill, but it was impossible to tell how ill he actually was since he was always so cheerful and never moaned about his situation.

His blog was always full of jokes, and talk of "Sly Wanks" and "Mountains of Shit" which had us all laughing. He was brave up until the end, and we must thank the lord for relieving him of the pain he was suffering.

To Hazey: A true inspiration to all.

Last edited:
Gutted.

Absolutley gutted.
One of the best lads on the SMB, and a great inspiration to all.
At times like these you can only be happy that Hazey enjoyed a Christmas with his wife and parents. I'm sure he loved having his loved ones around.

Rest in peace.

Dave.

You see what happens when you start to meddle.

What can I say.

There was a thread on here posted by Hazey's sister and wife stating that sadly he died early this morning and dozens of you had posted your respects on it.

Unfortunately there were two diverging versions of the thread in different forums rather than a re-direct linking the two.

In my efforts to tidy this up, I have only gone and deleted them both (maybe Hazey is having a final laugh at me!!)

I can only apologise, and say although I never met the lad, I am gutted like everyone else.

These things happen mate. Obviously you didn't intend it.

Wow, there was me feeling sorry for myself coz we got beat off Wigan and now this.....

As someone who knows what it's like to be told you've got cancer and there's nothing anyone can do about it, I'm absolutely shattered by this news. That was fifteen years ago and due to the genius and brilliant skill of a dedicated surgeon I am still here today. I feel lucky and guilty in equal measures. Guilty because a coward like me was saved by surgery, yet a brave man like Hazey, who fought with such dignity and humour, lost in the end.

I also feel guilty coz I didn't always read his blogs, frightened of reading any more bad news and feeling sad for the rest of the day. I did however PM him and feel privileged that he took the time to reply.

I have never cried so much over someone I did not personally know since Princess Diana's funeral was on TV. Whatever anyone thought of her, to see so many people so sad was very moving, like reading posts on here today

To his wife and family, words will mean nothing right now, but in the months to come, when winter turns to spring you must start living your life to the full again. That's what he would have wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed the original messages....
although we all knew it was coming its hit me like a hammer

my thoughts are with Liz and the rest of his family..

It true what they say about how the good die young... I really don't know what to say....

RIP mate... you'll be missed by us all but never forgotton

would be nice if everybody could make their avatar the same as hazey's for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back