Hazey Day...

Ten years.

I may have to use a few swear words tonight in his honour! He loved to have a bit swear.

I think on the night he died the site crashed and some of his blog disappeared @Roger is my memory correct on this its a long time ago

The C2C we started that year in his honour is still going - the footy went on for a few years but petered out.

Not quite, just some stupid nameless moderator ;) managed to screw up merging all of the RIP threads meaning about 3 pages of messages were lost. I am still convinced to this day that it was Hazey having a last laugh at me the nameless moderator.

Hard to believe it was 10 years ago.

Not quite, just some stupid nameless moderator ;) managed to screw up merging all of the RIP threads meaning about 3 pages of messages were lost. I am still convinced to this day that it was Hazey having a last laugh at me the nameless moderator.

Hard to believe it was 10 years ago.

Someone put the link to the thread - remember there was some strange coincidences on the board at the time-

10 years! I remember having a bit crack with him about his perverted ways as a young un, he left nowt to the imagination on so many subjects. His description of the devastation around cancer was so real and stark yet there was so much to inspire in there. I bought the book back then so will have a good read again in the next few days.

It will be different this time as I'm having a shit old time with cancer myself right now. I was diagnosed in March last year when I was a Blep 47 - I've kept it fairly quiet, but thinking about Hazey then why should I. He was right, it is horrific but it brings those close to you closer than you think possible. He was brave so thanks Hazey, here I am on my own path - there I've said it.

RIP Hazey lad
I wish and hope the best for you mate.

Gave missus daily updates on his health n rang her when he died, was like losing a good mate. Funnily enough seen his book a few days back for first time in years, dont know how, its fecking huge.

Think I need to re-read to put life in perspective.

Particularly his dads ability to pump on every stair, often try it but fail at last hurdle.

Rip x

10 years! I remember having a bit crack with him about his perverted ways as a young un, he left nowt to the imagination on so many subjects. His description of the devastation around cancer was so real and stark yet there was so much to inspire in there. I bought the book back then so will have a good read again in the next few days.

It will be different this time as I'm having a shit old time with cancer myself right now. I was diagnosed in March last year when I was a Blep 47 - I've kept it fairly quiet, but thinking about Hazey then why should I. He was right, it is horrific but it brings those close to you closer than you think possible. He was brave so thanks Hazey, here I am on my own path - there I've said it.

RIP Hazey lad

All the best of luck, enjoy the re-read too.

Someone put the link to the thread - remember there was some strange coincidences on the board at the time-

There was mate

And one reason I feel the way I do

I was quite poorly at the time and was woken suddenly in the middle of the night he left this mortal coil, while have a hot fever so I felt odd, I logged in here later in the day and believe me or not it was within an hour or so of his passing that I had woken up with a start
I don’t believe in much but that kinda freaked me out (in a good way)

Here’s to you hazey mate

We still talk about you

RIP

Hi! How lovely you all remember him - truly appreciated. Can't believe it's 10 years and still so many familiar names of people that were so supportive through your words, messages and tributes then and now. I now live in Australia and we're having a catastrophic weather day today with 41 degrees and strong winds so trapped indoors - I reckon it's him having a laugh at my expense. Things have changed so much in 10 years, his death prompted me to follow this dream and every day I'm eternally grateful for that as our quality of life is everything we thought it would be and every time we see a koala, kangaroo, dolphin, whale, brightly coloured bird or a beautiful view or sunset I think of him. Our dad sadly suffered a massive stroke 2 years after we lost Graeme which left him with some significant disabilities, Graeme would have been devastated especially as he had to give up his boat, caravan and fishing that they loved to do together and that most of my dads friends just drifted away and didn't stay in touch - crap really. But being positive he'd be super pleased our parents have been to visit me twice and had that opportunity to travel - something he liked to do. His two nephews are now 12 and 10 and scarily like him at times both in looks, personality, interests and sense of humour - it's wonderful to see. I show them the non sweary snippets of his blog and they'll get to read the full profanity infused version when they're older! Thanks again for honouring and remembering him you have no idea how much it means.

Started reading his book again last night. I remember following his blog at the time and being so sad at the end. Strange feeling like that about someone you hadn't met. RIP Hazey.

Started reading his book again last night. I remember following his blog at the time and being so sad at the end. Strange feeling like that about someone you hadn't met. RIP Hazey.
I was exactly the same, followed his blog daily for 6 months proper belly laughing some days and moved to tears the next. I regret never messaging him with support
But I am sure plenty of others did
RIP Hazey

Back