Hazey Day...

No idea why my picture won't post - I must have been scraping a yoghurt carton

Last edited by a moderator:
full

I think on the night he died the site crashed and some of his blog disappeared @Roger is my memory correct on this its a long time ago

The C2C we started that year in his honour is still going - the footy went on for a few years but petered out.
Nah, it was the RIP thread

Top lad was Hazey.

The book was responsible for most of the deforestation of the Amazon mind

10 years, wow, I can hardly believe that. Cracking lad, the world is a much worse place without him. I bought his book both paper copy and also E copy and laughed and cried through every page.

We've been blessed with some of our posters mind. Blep is another who's a massive miss. We should have an SMB Honours List.

Downloaded his book but found it hard reading, knowing what was going to happen whilst falling in love with the guy.

Will probably start it again one holiday

Can remember various pm's between us, me trying to push the advantages of omeprazole for stomach problems totally oblivious to his very real serious condition.
He very sensitively let me know what was what just before the obligatory F**k Off.

R.I.P. Hazy lad :cry:

10 years! I remember having a bit crack with him about his perverted ways as a young un, he left nowt to the imagination on so many subjects. His description of the devastation around cancer was so real and stark yet there was so much to inspire in there. I bought the book back then so will have a good read again in the next few days.

It will be different this time as I'm having a shit old time with cancer myself right now. I was diagnosed in March last year when I was a Blep 47 - I've kept it fairly quiet, but thinking about Hazey then why should I. He was right, it is horrific but it brings those close to you closer than you think possible. He was brave so thanks Hazey, here I am on my own path - there I've said it.

RIP Hazey lad

Never knew him personally but do know his dad and sister. He still has a plaque on the ramp leading to the beach on Sands of Luce holiday park in SW Scotland. Was only looking at it yesterday morning...

Unreal isn't it. I've been posting on here for 18 years or something daft.

There's so many posters have left us in that time. Probably a few who we don't even know have passed.

I have wondered what happens to some posters myself

One that springs to mind was skellatits? Was that his name?

Remember his very vivid descriptions of his volcanic shits!

Each year I always have a think back to that time on the SMB, lost a mate last year round about the same time with the same illness

Back