Hays Travel

Last edited:
He's definitely a massive Sunderland fan like. 100%

thought that..still seems a good bloke, even if a mag
think you’ve misread it. It refers to their lead property lawyers husband being a Newcastle fan.

On a side note, is Hays Credit still going? Used to be run by Johns brother, Malcolm?

can read it that way as well mind...thinking about his background etc I’d be amazed if not a Sunderland fan

Last edited:
I read it as John hays being a die hard mag fan like.

"We were hoping they’d get hammered, so he’d say ‘Never mind pet, glad I missed it’,” says John, who was also presumably hoping Newcastle lost having served as vice-chairman of arch-rivals Sunderland AFC.

We used Hays for our holidays for quite a few years now. We tell them where we want to go, what we want to do and when we want to do it. They then make up an itinerary and we play around with it until we’re happy. We are on first name terms with the staff and they could not be more helpful.

TC were tied in with certain tour operators and resorts. Hays are totally independent so can offer much more, plus rather than having a call centre, Hays will be routing online queries through their stores. The 6 month they've been given will give them an idea as to which stores to retain as I can't see a need for having multiple stores in a city centre.

I was expecting to see him out in Tokyobut obviouslythis deal was more important than a convention.

Remember folks if you book through Hays you are also ABTA bonded

Well one thing, his directors and what not won't be paying themselves massive bonuses while the company is crippled because this bloke and his wife seem well versed and down to earth with that.

This is a breath of fresh air for all holiday makers because they literally can trust this firm. It's the best advertisement they've ever had to enhance their business.
They will thrive from this and best of luck to them and all their employees.

Back