Hayfever jab

Usually end up spending £30-£40 per month on them Benadryl 3 times a day tablets over Summer / Autumn which I'm a bit hesitant to do this year.

Has anyone had the hayfever jab previously who can comment on its effectiveness?

Also are GP surgerys likely to be doing them this year? Just thinking with COVID-19 they might be hesitant.

Thanks

I don't think they do them anymore. I get really bad hay fever and was prescribed the jab about 10 years ago or so....it was like a miracle, no hay fever whatsoever for the next 2 years. Got hayfever again, went to ask for the jab and was told it wasn't possible anymore as they've stopped them due to its long-term side effects of osteoperosis... so have suffered every year since. :(

I don't think they do them anymore. I get really bad hay fever and was prescribed the jab about 10 years ago or so....it was like a miracle, no hay fever whatsoever for the next 2 years. Got hayfever again, went to ask for the jab and was told it wasn't possible anymore as they've stopped them due to its long-term side effects of osteoperosis... so have suffered every year since. :(

See if you can buy them off the internet, then look forward to a few broken bones.

At least sneezing won’t cause them.

Usually end up spending £30-£40 per month on them Benadryl 3 times a day tablets over Summer / Autumn which I'm a bit hesitant to do this year.

Has anyone had the hayfever jab previously who can comment on its effectiveness?

Also are GP surgerys likely to be doing them this year? Just thinking with COVID-19 they might be hesitant.

Thanks
Bloody hell thats a lot of cash to have to spend! Can You not get anything on Prescription then You can get a Season ticket/Annual policy whatever they are called for a one off fee?

Bloody hell thats a lot of cash to have to spend! Can You not get anything on Prescription then You can get a Season ticket/Annual policy whatever they are called for a one off fee?

Nah mate unfortunately the don't offer them on prescription anymore and it just so happens the active ingredient I need is only available in these expensive tablets! Nightmare.
I would ask for a referral to an immunology clinic to see if desensitisation treatment is an option.

I'm having a telephone apt with the gp tomorrow so will into it mate thanks.

I used to suffer really bad in my teens. When I was 16 I got a course of injections, 1 per week for 11 weeks, and I was free of it for 5 years. When it came back I asked my GP for 'them injections again'. He looked at my notes and said "oh, we stopped using that because of the side effects, it was causing cardiac arrest" ... and I was begging for it :lol:

Nah mate unfortunately the don't offer them on prescription anymore and it just so happens the active ingredient I need is only available in these expensive tablets! Nightmare.

I'm having a telephone apt with the gp tomorrow so will into it mate thanks.

Here is a bit of info worth a read... ill not copy and paste the whole article here.. as i can do without Frijj making out im the author when its jusy another a cut and paste.job i see no point in reinventing the wheel

Them the ones in the packet where you get 30? Can get them in savers too?

Aye them mate, I didn’t get it til I hit my teens and now suffer really bad with it. Antihistamines didn’t help much. Bought these on a whim one year, kept a pack at work and and another at home and just wiped my face every time I’d been out for a while.

Very good, tea tree to ease the itching and wipes the pollen off your face. Simple really but works a treat. Only issue is if you’re day drinking and your missus isn’t about with her handbag. Can’t exactly carry a packet down the pub. People will think you’re loopy :lol:

Fexofenadine - 120mg on prescription mate, absolute game changer.

i used to get it really badly and had the injection-kenalog i think it was called. had to carry a card in my wallet saying i'd had it. iirc it was a steroid and they stopped giving it out because of it's side effects.
nowadays i only seem to get a couple of bad days a year with it thankfully. it's absolutely awful and i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Back