Haway then we've all criticized johnson for his formation and starting 11

Burge
09 McLaughlin Wright Hume
Leadbitter
Gooch Winchester
Jones Wyke McGeady
Now that McLaughlin is fit I would play him centre half with Wright as like it or not, 09 is our best attacking right back and will continually drive us down the wing far more effectively than Power or McLaughlin ever will.

I'd have Leadbitter sitting in front of the back 4, we lose Scowen's legs but Leadbitter is far more likely to impact on the game with his passing. Gooch and Winchester will be the legs in the middle with Jones Wyke and McGeady leading the line.

Last edited:

Burge
Power McLaughlin Flanagan Hume
Onien Leadbitter Scowen
Gooch Stewart Mcgeady

Matthews Maguire Jones Diamond Neil Vokins Wyke

Burge
McLaughlin Wright ONien
Gooch Leadbitter Scowen Hume
McGeady
Wyke Stewart

Burge
McLaughlin Wright 09 Hume
Winchester Leadbitter Gooch
Jones Wyke McGeady​
I like that team !i don't think he will play it but i like it..... I tell you now its written in the cards that we will face Oxford in the final and hopefully old leadboots will score a 97th minute 30 yard screamer to end his SAFC playing career on a high!...you heard it here first!;)

A new record for the transition from goalkeeper to the ignore list.
Another coward
I’d include our top scorer.
So name the other 10 ffs it's not difficult
I don't know why you think people would be scared to name a team but if it makes you happy, same as @Billy Batts but swap Jones for McGeady.

Burge
McLaughlin Wright Onein Hume
Leadbitter Scowen power
Gooch Wyke McGeady
That's good it's not difficult is it
Typical poster on here " I'm furious with that starting 11 and the manager but I won't say who I would pick and what formation in case I get pulled on here for it "

Last edited:
Burge

McLaughlin Wright O'Nien Hume

Leadbitter
Scowen.........Power

Jones.....................McGeady
Wyke
Jones and McGeady to sit wider and open up space in the half spaces for Scowen and Power to exploit.

Wyke to drop deeper and allow Jones to use his pace to cut inside and exploit the space created.

Hume to get forward and support the wide attacker, giving the opposition another player to mark and freeing up space for McGeady.

Leadbitter to hold his position and protect the unconvincing back two, and also be an option for us to keep the ball.

McLaughlin to cut inside and give us another option if needs be.

Press the opposition high up the pitch and cut off passing lanes. Lots of movement and energy when we win the ball back.

As we start to tire, introduce Gooch, Maguire, Winchester, Diamond, Stewart.

Job's a good 'un Ester.

Burge
McLaughlin Wright O’Nien Hume
Scowen Leadbitter Winchester
Gooch Stewart Mcgeady​

Doubt Jones and Wyke will be arsed enough to put 100% in, neither probably see themselves here next season.

You're right. Think we should put Macfadzean in for Wyke, he'll give it 100% to earn a new contract.

Burge Con mac Wright Flanners Hume Power Leadbitter Gooch Jones Wyke Mcgeady Diamond Stewart Maguire to replace front 3 if needed

Another coward

So name the other 10 ffs it's not difficult

That's good it's not difficult is it
Typical poster on here " I'm furious with that starting 11 and the manager but I won't say who I would pick and what formation in case I get pulled on here for it "
What the fuck are you talking about ? I'm not furious with the manager, in fact I have been defending him just today. Do you really think that a 'typical poster' is scared to give an football opinion on a message board. I can only assume you're a massive bellend otherwise you're thick as fuck.

Personally I'd go with.

Burge
McLaughlin Wright O'Nien Hume
Power Scowen
Jones Gooch McGeady
Wyke
At least I think those are the ones who are fit and I've probably missed someone. Stewart would be in there instead of Wyke, and if any of the other CBs were fit then I'd push O'Nien in to midfield for one of the others.

Tbh I don't disagree too much with what Johnson is doing given the players available, but I think our best formation is 4-2-3-1, and I'd always have Maguire as an option from the bench.

Just think he's a lot better in a 3 man midfield, was excellent against Hull the other week I thought.
To many needless fouls and he fails to provide a good forward pass when its the easier thing to do and his middle name should be shoots over the bar. Need height and strength in midfield so i would play Winchester over Scowen all day long but i think LJ likes power and scowen so i think they will start!

Back