Haway fanzines

Give me an argument to lose, not just saying they are shit without substance. Can you give any positives around their regime?
The managed to cut costs.

I've gave you plenty of substance.

The academy which was getting into European finals and producing international players is now producing none and has won 1 game in 2 years.

Players under 16 are told they have to leave and we have no option to let them go. Despite a parent on here saying that's not true.

We have signed over 20 players and only 5 of them have been good enough. We have been giving the run around by agents and other clubs when it comes to transfers.

There's some substance.

The managed to cut costs.

I've gave you plenty of substance.

The academy which was getting into European finals and producing international players is now producing none and has won 1 game in 2 years.

Players under 16 are told they have to leave and we have no option to let them go. Despite a parent on here saying that's not true.

We have signed over 20 players and only 5 of them have been good enough. We have been giving the run around by agents and other clubs when it comes to transfers.

There's some substance.
Academy not helped by being in league one and he has brought back GM to try and improve.

5 out of 20 signings? Interesting.

Flanagan is poor and Ozturk is only OK. Power is a standard League One player. If we were to get promoted we'd have to spend about £10m just to be able to be competitive.
Well yeh, but we're not going to get better players on league one wages. That is why investment required if we get promoted. Seems obvious to me.

Flanagan is poor and Ozturk is only OK. Power is a standard League One player. If we were to get promoted we'd have to spend about £10m just to be able to be competitive.

I would like to disagree with you on one point of that, Gypsy, i believe you have given a rather low estmate of the cost to be competitive in the championship, i think the better ball park figure would be between 20 and 25 million.

Ah the "Mag" comeback.

In their time here I have seen nothing positive from the owners. I don't think I right but I'm not got to praise the owners when they don't deserve it.

The academy is in a mess, our recruitment is terrible and we have no scouting team. Donald failed at Eastleigh and is failing here. What has changed in the last couple of months? My motives are what's best for the club and Donald isn't what's best for the club.

Clearly recruitment mistakes have been made but I think they have taken a lot of unfair criticism over the academy. However I did think they addressed that criticism well when they did the RR podcast. Yes we have a category one academy but we have to accept, being in the third division, we will not keep and attract the best talent at this moment in time. Surely the development of talented individuals is a higher priority than the actual results of the youth teams? Personally I could not give a shit about the results of Academy teams, I just want to see talented players in the first team.

Clearly recruitment mistakes have been made but I think they have taken a lot of unfair criticism over the academy. However I did think they addressed that criticism well when they did the RR podcast. Yes we have a category one academy but we have to accept, being in the third division, we will not keep and attract the best talent at this moment in time. Surely the development of talented individuals is a higher priority than the actual results of the youth teams? Personally I could not give a shit about the results of Academy teams, I just want to see talented players in the first team.
But that's the problem, we aren't seeing anything. I don't mind results but performances have been terrible. If we were losing heavily, sometimes by 4 or 5 goals. Clubs like Reading and Wigan are turning us over easily.

What's also worrying the amount of young players leaving.

But that's the problem, we aren't seeing anything. I don't mind results but performances have been terrible. If we were losing heavily, sometimes by 4 or 5 goals. Clubs like Reading and Wigan are turning us over easily.

What's also worrying the amount of young players leaving.

Who was the last...Hume? I accept that but I don’t think we can blame SD & CM for that. The academy players who should be pushing for a first time spot / and who have left will have been signed to the academy years ago.

You certainly won’t keep many if you don’t try hard to do so

Back