Haven't seen a thread on this yet. Ryanair tolerates racism

I'll bow to your superior knowledge but the only signs I see are that he's a nasty old twat.

From what I remember of the video, he seemed somewhat obsessed with getting to his reserved seat. That could suggest Asperger syndrome (as could his lack of empathy for someone with obvious mobility issues). Equally, he could just be a nasty old twat using the fact that it's his seat as justification for being a nasty old twat.

His pattern of speaking, tone of voice, facial expressions, body language and lack of social awareness are big indicators in my opinion.
I'll take your word for it mate. Clearly know more on the subject than I do. Would you say he probably shouldn't have been flying unassisted then? (Probs a daft question).

Of course it was, and he should have been arrested. At the other end.

From what I remember of last night's discussion of the incident on 5Live last night, with the plane on the ground in Barcelona, any arrest would have had to be made by the Spanish police. Had they been airborne, it'd be a different matter.

From what I remember of the video, he seemed somewhat obsessed with getting to his reserved seat. That could suggest Asperger syndrome (as could his lack of empathy for someone with obvious mobility issues). Equally, he could just be a nasty old twat using the fact that it's his seat as justification for being a nasty old twat.

Does having autism/aspergers excuse racism?

Genuine question to anyone who knows about the condition(s), I've never considered it before.

I'll take your word for it mate. Clearly know more on the subject than I do. Would you say he probably shouldn't have been flying unassisted then? (Probs a daft question).

Definitely surprised he was travelling alone. I am just wondering whether the Ryanair staff knew about any special arrangements. Could explain why the air steward checked in with him towards the end of the video.

Back