Haven't seen a thread on this yet. Ryanair tolerates racism

You can dislike it as much as you like. Given that Ryanair did nothing at the time of the incident, nothing when the plane landed and nothing afterwards, I can imagine how productive any complaint or action by the old lady or family would have been without any evidence to back it up.
You happy that individual incidents of people being filmed and judged by the Great British Public on the internet? Given your views on the public I'm surprised.

I'm not sure they are defending him. Just imagining scenarios where it would be acceptable to say such things. Fuck knows what kind of scenario that would be mind.

"We don't know what happened beforehand", as if it matters.

There's always a good enough reason to kick off at someone, but I'd argue that calling an old black woman "a black..." anything is never justifiable.

How would this be progressed if the only way to get Ryanair to take notice was to publish the video?

I'm not sure the national public humiliation of an individual, who may or may not be challenged, is the way forward. Most of these videos that go viral are modern day stocks for people who haven't been convicted of a crime. You seem happy for people to be subjected virtual mob justice.

What would being progressed mean? Compensation? Re training of all staff on race hate crimes? Mandatory chucking off of planes if people start arguing?

There's always a good enough reason to kick off at someone, but I'd argue that calling an old black woman "a black..." anything is never justifiable.
To be fair he could have gone all Churchillesque when she called him smelly - "I may be smelly madam but you are black and I can always have a shower".

To reiterate, nobody is saying that. Context when it comes to accusing a company of tolerating racism and a 20 second video is fairly important.

Back