Haven't seen a thread on this yet. Ryanair tolerates racism

Aye we've opened a can of worms for sure
Everyone tried and convicted on a few minutes of footage
No back ground ,no facts ,chuck a comment on and it's there forever .On the flip side it can catch stuff and give it a voice and a platform .
Up to the viewers to sort the good from the bad and we aren't very good at it
To be fair i do like a moral debate and only do it on here. It's fascinating to see what views people have. Social media has lifted the lid a bit on the psyche of people and it's unpleasant at times and funny at others.

To be fair i do like a moral debate and only do it on here. It's fascinating to see what views people have. Social media has lifted the lid a bit on the psyche of people and it's unpleasant at times and funny at others.
Lots of us live in bubbles ,I do ,deliberately
I like to let enough in to keep me on top of stuff but not enough to make me a moral warrior and get pissed off with life .
It's a worry how dumb some people are but hey

It’s 2018, dont be a (nut & you won’t end up will millions of indignit people judging you?

No context, no background, instant vilification. It's toxic imho.
I'm sure there are many incidents in my life that if they had been filmed would have led me to be ashamed of my actions. Luckily I usually cannot remember them because I was pissed.

Heard the bloke who filmed it on 5 live talking about it.

My first thought was why didnt you grow a pair and intervene or tell the bloke to shut up?

Instead I’ll stand back back and film it.

Can’t get my head around people who’s first thoughts are to film this kind of thing without intervening:neutral:
It’s the generation we live in let’s tecord stuff and put it on Facebook as opposed to helping others

No context, no background, instant vilification. It's toxic imho.
I'm sure there are many incidents in my life that if they had been filmed would have led me to be ashamed of my actions. Luckily I usually cannot remember them because I was pissed.
If it made people think twice about being a (unt in public, it could be seen as a benefit to a more civilised place where a black lady won’t get abused by a white man...

Have the pitchfork mob found and burned that elderly disabled gentleman yet?
Is He the victim now? It’s hard to keep up with it these days...

If it made people think twice about being a (unt in public, it could be seen as a benefit to a more civilised place where a black lady won’t get abused by a white man...
People used to think twice because others would castigate them for their actions and may even get a punch on the nose. My concern about the perpetrator is that I don't think he is the full shilling. You may say that is irrelevant but I don't think it is. He obviously was no problem once it was sorted. But now people think Ryanair tolerates racism because the diffused the situation and got people home a few hours earlier than they woukd have otherwise.

Ryanair tolerates racism :lol:
Do you not realise how utterly ridiculous that sounds. It's like saying the whole city of Sunderland tolerates thieving cause some kid nicked a mars bar from Morrisons which was seen by 4 people but no one did owt.

It's not very much like that. It's a bit like a branch of Aldi tolerating thieving because of a combination of being poorly organised and not caring enough because too do so would cost more. As an organisation they could do more but didn't.

The Aldi case study is based on real events as well, which is nice

Sorry but i dislike members of the public being filmed and then millions if people sitting in righteous indignation. It doesn't make the world a better place for me.

You can dislike it as much as you like. Given that Ryanair did nothing at the time of the incident, nothing when the plane landed and nothing afterwards, I can imagine how productive any complaint or action by the old lady or family would have been without any evidence to back it up.

It’s 2018, dont be a (nut & you won’t end up will millions of indignit people judging you?

True, but there’s often a before and after of the snippet we see posted online. I’m reluctant to judge until the full facts emerge. Most people don’t let that get in the way of a nice bit of Twitter/Facebook outrage.

You can dislike it as much as you like. Given that Ryanair did nothing at the time of the incident, nothing when the plane landed and nothing afterwards, I can imagine how productive any complaint or action by the old lady or family would have been without any evidence to back it up.
Filming for evidence of a crime or shoddy service I have no issue with.

I disagree. I see good in most people until they demonstrate otherwise. Like this fella did.
This is twice youve made me back track. :lol: There is good in most but gentlemanly conduct is definitely on the way out. I may have an old fashioned view on what a gentleman is. I am certainly not one in 90% of my day. I have certain standards though.

Last edited:
This is twice youve made me back track. :lol: There is good in most but gentlemanly conduct is definitely on the way out. I may have an old fashioned view on what a gentleman is. I am certainly not one in 90% of my day. I have certain standards though.
Wey I don't mean placing your coat over a puddle of water or owt. :lol:

Just decent standards and code of conduct. Don't be a foul mouthed racist (pending confirmation of mental state) is quite a biggy tho. ;)

Wey I don't mean placing your coat over a puddle of water or owt. :lol:

Just decent standards and code of conduct. Don't be a foul mouthed racist (pending confirmation of mental state) is quite a biggy tho. ;)
Swearing is a one. I swear in pubs and with my mates but would never swear in front of kids, older people (They aren't as numerous as they once were) give up my seat if an older person was standing on public transport, not wearing a vest in public etc

Back