Have you ever taken part in a holiday dance?

Ymca
Musicman
Chi chi waa
Baby shark

Its class with the kids man, they all got a lolly at the end of the kids disco and the boy insisted I got one cos I was the best dancer

Yes of course. I think they generally why some of these songs become popular. I was doing wigfield last Thursday and the younger lads had no clue what was occurring. Neither did I to be fair

Then came home to bust out your new moves and realised how embarrassing it was? What was it? Birdie song? Macarena? Superman?

We were all doing the Saturday Night dance in Magaluf 94 - entire pubs doing it in sync.
I was press ganged into doing a Greek dance in Corfu which resulted in me picking a little table up with my gob and having a feeble plaster plates smashed over my heed.

I’m fucked if I’m doing that back here with a solid oak 8’x4’ chabble and a porcelain dinner set.

Birdie song and the Adam Ant one when i was a kid, only one I can think of as an adult, is the YMCA one at the Uni Campus disco which was run by the LBGT (Not a thing back then) group.

I once got punched in the face doing the conga.
Seriously.
The most harmless song ever. Sidewinded in a f***ing conga line at butlins.

Oh come on we've all done

Di dediddly Di dediddly Di dediddly
Go for a walk
Spray
Macho man

What's that one where you sit down and pretend to row a boat and clap your hands on the floor 'n' that? I've done that one at the Redhills Disco in Durham circa 1985.

Edit: This wasn't on holiday obviously. Sorry mods and the OP.
The Redhills in 1985...a true golden era. A few in the Pot and Glass first then over to the Redhills. Great days:D

Back