Have we got Wembley Way?

As has been said, the League Cup was not such a big thing for Man City supporters as they had had several trips to Wembley and lots of equally big games. So their desire to do the iconic walk up Wembley Way was not as great as ours. Any of them coming in for the day would arrive at Euston and so the easiest thing was to get the overground to Wembley Central - the walk from there does not take you up Wembley Way. On top of that any of their fans drinking were allocated pubs over on the west side - again the walk from their does not take you up Wembley Way.

For Portsmouth I think their supporters will, like ours, fancy the walk up Wembley Way. They will have more supporters staying overnight than City - most doing that will get a tube to Wembley Park and do the walk down Wembley Way. Any coming up on the day will go to Waterloo where there is a direct tube taking you to Wembley Park - so again they will walk down Wembley Way.

So the only major group of Portsmouth supporters who are not likely to walk down Wembley Way are those drinking in close by pubs. That is because, like City, they have the west side pubs, the walk from which does not take you down Wembley Way.

There will be more Sunderland supporters on Wembley Way - but it will be more like 60/40 rather than the complete takeover in the League Cup Final.

As has been said, the League Cup was not such a big thing for Man City supporters as they had had several trips to Wembley and lots of equally big games. So their desire to do the iconic walk up Wembley Way was not as great as ours. Any of them coming in for the day would arrive at Euston and so the easiest thing was to get the overground to Wembley Central - the walk from there does not take you up Wembley Way. On top of that any of their fans drinking were allocated pubs over on the west side - again the walk from their does not take you up Wembley Way.

For Portsmouth I think their supporters will, like ours, fancy the walk up Wembley Way. They will have more supporters staying overnight than City - most doing that will get a tube to Wembley Park and do the walk down Wembley Way. Any coming up on the day will go to Waterloo where there is a direct tube taking you to Wembley Park - so again they will walk down Wembley Way.

So the only major group of Portsmouth supporters who are not likely to walk down Wembley Way are those drinking in close by pubs. That is because, like City, they have the west side pubs, the walk from which does not take you down Wembley Way.

There will be more Sunderland supporters on Wembley Way - but it will be more like 60/40 rather than the complete takeover in the League Cup Final.
I hope it is mixed. There will be plenty of families and groups of fans that have kids that have never been to Wembley on both sides. That should make it a better atmosphere. It's a bonus day out in the season for two vclubs that have had their fair share of crap to deal with.

Didn't want to make a new thread to go along with the millions already on here. But, if travelling to Wembley by coach, where do the coaches park (yes in the coach park etc..) in relation to Wembley Way?
Im taking my son to Wembley with me and wanted him to experience the walk up Wembley Way before hand but didn't know if the busses drop you right outside the ground so that the Fanzone might be a better option?

He has done the walk from Wembley Park to the Stadium before but that was for Spurs Arsenal a couple of years ago and it's totally different when it's your own team.

Didn't want to make a new thread to go along with the millions already on here. But, if travelling to Wembley by coach, where do the coaches park (yes in the coach park etc..) in relation to Wembley Way?
Im taking my son to Wembley with me and wanted him to experience the walk up Wembley Way before hand but didn't know if the busses drop you right outside the ground so that the Fanzone might be a better option?

He has done the walk from Wembley Park to the Stadium before but that was for Spurs Arsenal a couple of years ago and it's totally different when it's your own team.

If you are on a Sunderland coach you will probably be in the Yellow coach park. When you step off your coach and look at the stadium, Wembley Way is to your right. If you walk over to there from your coach, you will actually be most of the way down Wembley Way. I guess when you reach it you could turn right and walk back up to Wembley Park tube station and then turn round and do the whole walk back to the stadium. To be honest as a way of killing a few minutes with the bairn, it will not be the worst few minutes of your life.

There isn't another tube station. Trains from Portsmouth go into Victoria, which is on the jubilee line. So Portsmouth fans will need to use Wembley park too. Wembley station has an Overground service to Marylebone station.

As for Wembley way, there's only a Sainsbury's and some food outlets on it. When I was down the other week they were busy doing a load of work and had most of the path fenced off. Taking your own beers is the best option as there's plenty of space around the stadium.
Wembley Central has a tube line

Back