Have they picked the right manager for this squad at this time??

Zidane

Striker
The players look totally confused to me, demotivated and their confidence is now shot to bits. They are literally all over the place and not in a total football kind of way.

We had a team that could pass it around a bit but often got bogged down in slow possession in crap areas.

Now, they are completely broken beyond belief.

Is this a transitional phase or is he trying to change this squad into something it's just not capable of and flogging a dead horse?

Same issues that have been there for the last few seasons.

Play is pedestrian and the midfield can’t find a way to create anything for the forwards. Defence is a shambles, poor fitness levels and unmotivated players

The signs were there for all to see. Even in pre season this year we looked completely shit. Not even sure that Klopp could sort out this mess out far less Phil f***ing Parkinson.

Last edited:
We’ve got to hope that it’s either a collective difficulty on the squads fault to adapt to Parkinson’s methods or a deliberate ploy to throw the cups.

If it’s not we’re in big trouble.

Same issues that have been there for the last few seasons.

Play is pedestrian and the midfield can’t find a way to create anything for the forwards. Defence is a shambles, poor fitness levels and unmotivated players

The signs were there for all to see. Even in pre season this year we looked completely shit. Not even sure that Klopp could sort out this mess out far less Phil f***ing Parkinson.
agreed

I’m not sure why we constantly employ dour uninspiring managers. We need someone to pick us up and we get a wet blanket. Sick of the same shit time and time again. Sunderland fans were against this appointment almost to the man/woman but these clueless f***ing idiots thought they knew better.

Recruitment is crippling us. And it has done for about God knows how many years. We seemed to do OK around the Bruce era up until Bent and Gyan left but even that was just half decent recruitment. We find no hidden gems, have too many duds that run down a contract and constantly buy shite that never fits a vision, plan or system.

Yes we've had some dire managers, but the recurring theme is that they've all needed to get a tune out of absolute guff players.

I don’t believe how Parkinson would fit with the current squad even crossed their tiny little minds marra.

That was clear from Methven's answer on the pod the other day - it seemed their recruitment was along the same lines as their player recruitment with the only criteria being experience in gaining promotion or performing well in this league. The football side of the club needs a massive overhaul and it doesn't seem likely at all in the near future.

That was clear from Methven's answer on the pod the other day - it seemed their recruitment was along the same lines as their player recruitment with the only criteria being experience in gaining promotion or performing well in this league. The football side of the club needs a massive overhaul and it doesn't seem likely at all in the near future.
Yup. A group of pub bore amateurs playing pretendy football club owners. It’s Russell Foster league standard.

it seemed their recruitment was along the same lines as their player recruitment with the only criteria being experience in gaining promotion
That is all they want so they can flog asap and make their few million profit each. Fuck the future just go gung ho to the championship and let the next bloke sort out another mess.....

I’m not sure why we constantly employ dour uninspiring managers. We need someone to pick us up and we get a wet blanket. Sick of the same shit time and time again. Sunderland fans were against this appointment almost to the man/woman but these clueless f***ing idiots thought they knew better.
Absolute despicable decision from the daft **** in charge . Phil f***ing Parkinson man

The players look totally confused to me, demotivated and their confidence is now shot to bits. They are literally all over the place and not in a total football kind of way.

We had a team that could pass it around a bit but often got bogged down in slow possession in crap areas.

Now, they are completely broken beyond belief.

Is this a transitional phase or is he trying to change this squad into something it's just not capable of and flogging a dead horse?

No, they were doing the same under Ross.

One or two try, the rest just don't give a toss or are that shit, they just bottle it under a bit of pressure.

Not the right manager at any time imo. Needed someone who can carry the weight of expectation. I think it was quinny who once said that the shirt wears heavy and its the same as manager.

He wouldn't be the right manager for any Sunderland squad or team ever. I keep saying it, but the moment they appointed him felt exactly the same as when we got Grayson. It's outrageous that the idiots running the club thought he'd be a good idea, he's finished already, not even a honeymoon period and he's fucked.

Back