Have the fanzines cost us out potential?

That’s complete speculation, he spent heavily (under pressure and a poor decision). We have no idea if that reason was to move us on.
Tbf there has only been one window since, I thought we would have invested more but we have spent pretty heavily in our time at this level.
I said in my response it was speculation. But from what I've seen since, it strikes me as the most obvious explanation. Occam's Razor in play here.

Hev you given the Don your list?

If he employs me I’ll do the job.
I've spent this whole week asking for evidence of his supposed "lies" and "inconsistencies", starting with a blank sheet of paper and going right back to the first podcasts and so far nobody has managed to provide a single piece of evidence whatsoever that stands up to scrutiny, and in fact a number of supposed quotes used on here repeatedly like the "budget most championship clubs would be envious of" one, that have been used as a stick to beat SD with, that even I had taken for granted as being correct, that turn out to have been misquoted so many times that a lot of folks believe it to be true.

There's what I've been calling a "whirlwind of bullshit" about the owners on here and presumably on other social media channels too, where there's so much "evidence" against the owners that it is taken for granted that the owners must be bullshitters because even if some of it is false, there's still so much of it in the whirlwind (that nobody's bothering to check) that everyone's assuming at least some of it is true so there's no point checking.

Well, I've been taking the time this week to try to examine it item by item to find out exactly why folks want him out, and as yet nobody's presented a single piece of evidence worthy of beating the owners over the head with that stands up to examination. It's just layers of bullshit on top of layers of bullshit on top of layers of bullshit that nobody's been checking.

So as far as i can see it, for NO GOOD REASON that I've been able to yet put my finger on, WMS, RR, ALS and RAWA have potentially fucked up our season with your actions, and potentially driven away someone who appears certainly from my little investigation this week to actually be a bloody good owner.

So yes, of course I'm going to give your lot a hard time.

Why not contact Stewart and ask him why he’s bailed out blaming RAWA as an excuse? Apparently we’re in the minority in wanting Donald out so when he hears that the vast majority of fans want him to stay and carry out his plan to it’s fullest, he’ll immediately change his mind and do that instead.

It will be great for him because if he values the club at double the cost he bought it for now, at least, based on the share value when Sartori got involved then imagine how much it’ll be worth once we’re in the upper echelons of the Championship next season. He might ask for £100m for it then.

Last edited:
Why not contact Stewart and ask him why he’s bailed out blaming RAWA as an excuse? Apparently we’re in the minority in wanting Donald out so when he hears that the vast majority of fans want him to stay and carry out his plan to it’s fullest, he’ll immediately change his mind and do that instead.

It will be great for him because if he values the club at double the cost he bought it for now, at least, based on the share value when Sartori got involved then imagine how much it’ll be worth once we’re in the upper echelons of the Championship next season. He might ask for £100m for it then.

Sure, PM me his contact details, I'd quite like to pass on my opinion.

Whether or not "the majority" want him gone seems irrelevant to me now that I have started coming to the conclusion that people's opinions seem to be based on the "whirlwind of bullshit" rather than on genuine reasons with any kind of basis in reality.

After years of hurt, the social-media-using end of our fanbase seems to have inadvertently hoodwinked each other by repeating each others unfounded scepticism.

Sure, PM me his contact details, I'd quite like to pass on my opinion.

Whether or not "the majority" want him gone seems irrelevant to me now that I have started coming to the conclusion that people's opinions seem to be based on the "whirlwind of bullshit" rather than on genuine reasons with any kind of basis in reality.

After years of hurt, the social-media-using end of our fanbase seems to have inadvertently hoodwinked each other by repeating each others unfounded scepticism.

Just contact his secretary. That’s what I did.

So you agree with me then? That he didn't promise us 100 points, he just said that it was the aim for the season for us to go up and that would mean we'd likely need 100 points.

I still don't see what's wrong with that. We all want us to go up this year, and that means we'll need a certain amount of points. I can't see why this is being used as a stick to beat him with.

I must admit, I think the 100 points comment was a mistake. You can say it was just a target, and it was, but everyone knows that you don't set targets that aren't realistic. We had 85 points last season, but if you look at the points per game until Maja left and the points per game afterwards, you'll see that we were getting worse. That means that, although we "only" needed 15 more points, we needed significantly bigger improvement from the side that finished last season.

Doubtless Donald thought that, having had a full season in the job, Ross would improve. I don't think the signs were ever there that we were capable of having what would have been a clear top of the table season though. So at that point, you have to assume that his ambitious 100 point target is going to be made possible by significantly improving the squad. Instead most would argue he weakened it. It was weaker than the side that started 18/19 and weaker than the side that finished it. If he wasn't going to improve the side he shouldn't have been stating such lofty targets, in much the same way that a small sports shop with two members of staff shouldn't be stating that they're going to outsell sports direct. His aim, the aim of the club, was to comfortably gain promotion, by not providing the platform to do so, he opened himself up for criticism, or for accusations of failing to understand the task at hand

I must admit, I think the 100 points comment was a mistake. You can say it was just a target, and it was, but everyone knows that you don't set targets that aren't realistic. We had 85 points last season, but if you look at the points per game until Maja left and the points per game afterwards, you'll see that we were getting worse. That means that, although we "only" needed 15 more points, we needed significantly bigger improvement from the side that finished last season.

Doubtless Donald thought that, having had a full season in the job, Ross would improve. I don't think the signs were ever there that we were capable of having what would have been a clear top of the table season though. So at that point, you have to assume that his ambitious 100 point target is going to be made possible by significantly improving the squad. Instead most would argue he weakened it. It was weaker than the side that started 18/19 and weaker than the side that finished it. If he wasn't going to improve the side he shouldn't have been stating such lofty targets, in much the same way that a small sports shop with two members of staff shouldn't be stating that they're going to outsell sports direct. His aim, the aim of the club, was to comfortably gain promotion, by not providing the platform to do so, he opened himself up for criticism, or for accusations of failing to understand the task at hand

I think the problem is that when being interviewed, he (and others) don't necessarily expect every single comment to be scrutinised and repeated over and over again for months on end. Something that's just a passing comment spur of the moment suddenly becomes the benchmark that he's judged on for the entire season. It's ridiculous.

I think the problem is that when being interviewed, he (and others) don't necessarily expect every single comment to be scrutinised and repeated over and over again for months on end. Something that's just a passing comment spur of the moment suddenly becomes the benchmark that he's judged on for the entire season. It's ridiculous.

I do get that, and I think some things are over scrutinised, but when you set a target for the season and effectively say "our target is to comfortably win the league" (because if you get 100 points you'll always win the league), that's the kind of thing you can't blame fans for picking up on and seeing what he does to try and make that target achievable. Certainly when I heard it I thought "you could tell how gutted he was about the play off, he feels he's let people down, but fair play he's determined to get it right this time". I really thought that, with a lot less upheaval, he'd concentrate on addressing the things we could all see (the oft mentioned pace and power). I thought we'd be ambitious and bring some real quality in. Instead we had one of the most underwhelming summers imaginable. It was just bluster, similar to when he kept saying that we could afford to keep high earners but that if they left their wages could pay for some top players in the league. Theoretically they could aye, but then we let them go (generally still paying at least a portion of their wages) and no real quality replaced them (Willis looks good, I'll give them that one)

I do get that, and I think some things are over scrutinised, but when you set a target for the season and effectively say "our target is to comfortably win the league" (because if you get 100 points you'll always win the league), that's the kind of thing you can't blame fans for picking up on and seeing what he does to try and make that target achievable. Certainly when I heard it I thought "you could tell how gutted he was about the play off, he feels he's let people down, but fair play he's determined to get it right this time". I really thought that, with a lot less upheaval, he'd concentrate on addressing the things we could all see (the oft mentioned pace and power). I thought we'd be ambitious and bring some real quality in. Instead we had one of the most underwhelming summers imaginable. It was just bluster, similar to when he kept saying that we could afford to keep high earners but that if they left their wages could pay for some top players in the league. Theoretically they could aye, but then we let them go (generally still paying at least a portion of their wages) and no real quality replaced them (Willis looks good, I'll give them that one)

Good post, and I wish I had time to properly reply but I'm with teh missus right now and she's giving me stick every time I start typing rather than paying attention to what we're watching.

I'll try to do it quickly with bullet points:

- The swuad was arguably more balanced this season: players in the right positions, fewer doubling up on say defensive style midfielders for example
- This year we had less income because lower parachute payments than last year = less we were allowed to spend on wages.

gotta go, just been kicked

Back