Have Aliens sent a probe?

Seems to be new things coming out weekly from NASA all the time, read they found earth like plants last week...there coming I tell ya...

oO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-42329244

Apparently there going to scan it for electromagnetic particles, even Steven Hawking getting involved.

Logon or register to see this image

Source?

Seems to be new things coming out weekly from NASA all the time, read they found earth like plants last week...there coming I tell ya...
Since Apollo, the Shuttle and ISS finished, NASA don’t have much to shout about any more. They have to keep public interest up. More interest = more $ to spend.

You know this is nowt to do with NASA, right?

Last edited:
I may be being cynical here, but my money is on the object being one of the following:
a) a big lump of rock
b) a big lump of ice
c) a big lump of rock and ice

In all probability it is just a big piece of rock. From what I gather from the story, Project Listen at SETI are an existing project who have been honing techniques and eqipment to listen to objects for some time, and are just using this object to test out their current gear on, not because they expect to find anything but just because it's there so why not?

Or it could just be a piece of rock like the other billions of pieces of rock floating round the universe

They reckon it may not be due to the density of it, plus its the first extra terrestrial rock that's been recorded to come in from outside of our solar system on a different orbit so it will only visit once.

Probably is like but still interesting.

In all probability it is just a big piece of rock. From what I gather from the story, Project Listen at SETI are an existing project who have been honing techniques and eqipment to listen to objects for some time, and are just using this object to test out their current gear on, not because they expect to find anything but just because it's there so why not?
It will be "A", its not leaving a trail so its not an Ice object which is why they are getting excited thinking it could be metal, that and its a weird shape as well apparently.

Back