Hate the last day of the summer term, even 13 years on. It reminds me that

Me little sister, as a teacher, broke up for her summer school holidays, apparently happy healthy and pregnant.
And an out of the blue brain tumour diagnosis meant that on what would have been her first day back in school in September, was her funeral.
That is a truely heartbreaking story. I know from previous posts over the years this is an incredibly tough time of year for you and your family. Today is always an emotional day, end of term..our youngest girl finished primary school today and is now off to “big school” so my missus is an emotional wreck. Doesn’t compare anywhere near to yourself but stick together and raise a glass to the happy times you all shared as a family, no one can ever take away those magic moments.

Me little sister, as a teacher, broke up for her summer school holidays, apparently happy healthy and pregnant.
And an out of the blue brain tumour diagnosis meant that on what would have been her first day back in school in September, was her funeral.
So sorry janey, this is obviously a terribly painful time for you, big (((hugs))) xx :cry:.

That’s awful Janey. Sad day for you and yours.

That is a truely heartbreaking story. I know from previous posts over the years this is an incredibly tough time of year for you and your family. Today is always an emotional day, end of term..our youngest girl finished primary school today and is now off to “big school” so my missus is an emotional wreck. Doesn’t compare anywhere near to yourself but stick together and raise a glass to the happy times you all shared as a family, no one can ever take away those magic moments.
It is tough, and it’s a lovely thing about us as a Sunderland family, that you remember that.
Aww big day leaving primary and off to big school it’s all relevant xx

So sorry janey, this is obviously a terribly painful time for you, big (((hugs))) xx :cry:.
It’s the shitty start of six weeks of memories, thank you xx

Listen Janey I don’t belong on this site as I am an outsider BUT I always remember your sadness around your Sister.
Always remember when the season kicks off it touches emotions and history.
That right now with your Dad tough times.
You post these points because deep down it’s a cry out.
One off love and justifiably so. Right now putting on the brave face for the family but on the other it brings back painful memories.
Divided by football unified in understanding.
Every person who reads your thread feels your pain but in the same way most can read you so clearly as a real special person.
Stay strong and a real big hug and kiss from a far xx

Thank you, the next few weeks, even so many years later are a catelogue of dates I remember as if yesterday xx

I remember talking to my sister in the front garden of her house in early 1996. She said she felt ancient because she was 50 and I told her jokingly that she had "always looked ancient to me". She called me a pig and punched my arm but it was all in good fun. A few months later my mam told me my sister had started slurring her speech and shortly after she was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease which killed her 4 years later.

I remember talking to my sister in the front garden of her house in early 1996. She said she felt ancient because she was 50 and I told her jokingly that she had "always looked ancient to me". She called me a pig and punched my arm but it was all in good fun. A few months later my mam told me my sister had started slurring her speech and shortly after she was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease which killed her 4 years later.
Awful xx

So sad that and so young. :cry:

Listen Janey I don’t belong on this site as I am an outsider BUT I always remember your sadness around your Sister.
One off love and justifiably so. Right now putting on the brave face for the family but on the other it brings back painful memories.
Every person who reads your thread feels your pain but in the same way most can read you so clearly as a real special person.

I konw it's going off topic on a thread where I shouldn't go off topic but, if you don't belong on this site, then this site shouldn't have anyone much posting on it.

You belong here as much as anyone.
I admit some of my posts are stronger than I feel.
Biggest torment is as a kid, and I’m going to sound a bit weak, is that growing up when you think about losing a parent you think you will have your sibling

Back