Hate Leicester chant

Anyone remember why we hated Leicester
I think it was around the 80’s with a chant like....

We hate Man Utd, we hate Liverpool too and Leicester, we hate Nottingham Forest but Sunderland we love you.

I remember the ‘and Leicester’ was added with some venom.
We hate Nottingham Forest
We hate Liverpool too
And Leicester
We hate Man United
But Sunlun we love you
All together now.. REPEAT

It was a late 60s early 70s chant and Forest Lpool Leicester Man U had big skinhead contingents which were revered on the terraces of the country at that time.
Late sixties/early seventies i think
See below your post

First time i went Leicester in the 80s they had a song which started 'we hate Sunderland and Arsenal ... ' cant remember the rest.

They also used to rattle out the Sunderland slums song which being as Leicester git posh like and full of massive mansions they were entitled to do.

A mag fan lost an eye in a fight on a garage forcourt near filbert street I seem to remember so there used to be a fair bit of aggro at lcfc v mags fixtures.

First time i went Leicester in the 80s they had a song which started 'we hate Sunderland and Arsenal ... ' cant remember the rest.

They also used to rattle out the Sunderland slums song which being as Leicester git posh like and full of massive mansions they were entitled to do.

A mag fan lost an eye in a fight on a garage forcourt near filbert street I seem to remember so there used to be a fair bit of aggro at lcfc v mags fixtures.
After Luton, Leicester is the next biggest shit hole in England, fkn fire place.
Leicester were well known for their stabbings, I knew of a Chelsea fan about a decade a go who said he would never go back to Leicester as the last time he was there he was just glad to get out alive the soft shite.
Oh aye, he's a soft shite for wanting to go home after a footy game without getting stabbed. Ffs man.

Last edited:
The
Anyone remember why we hated Leicester
I think it was around the 80’s with a chant like....

We hate Man Utd, we hate Liverpool too and Leicester, we hate Nottingham Forest but Sunderland we love you.

I remember the ‘and Leicester’ was added with some venom.
They beat scummers. 9 nil.. Gotta love love em...

From the banks of the River Wear to the shores of Sicily, We’re gonna fight fight fight for Sunderland til we win the football league. To hell with Man United, to hell with Liverpool. We’re gonna fight fight fight for Sunderland til we win the football league.

Underrated & under-sung that one. :cool:
Seemed like we might do it ( win the football league) when we used to sing that one. At least I had time on my side back then. Not much chance now I fear.

Slightly less dingey and depressing than Luton, but as you say, only slightly.
It’s quite a big City with a very wide spectrum of areas
Ranges from “Luton” type areas inner City, thru big council estates, loads of student areas and yuppie areas, green areas/Victorian walkways’ City centre has its own character and has a good vibe if you know where to look , waterside getting developed at present and will be done in the next 3 years I think , plenty of really posh suburbs .
A typical middle to large sized English City with albeit a very diverse population.
It’s not the best but certainly not the worst.
I live up North but Leicester’s ok

It’s quite a big City with a very wide spectrum of areas
Ranges from “Luton” type areas inner City, thru big council estates, loads of student areas and yuppie areas, green areas/Victorian walkways’ City centre has its own character and has a good vibe if you know where to look , waterside getting developed at present and will be done in the next 3 years I think , plenty of really posh suburbs .
A typical middle to large sized English City with albeit a very diverse population.
It’s not the best but certainly not the worst.
I live up North but Leicester’s ok

Probably 20 years since I’ve been there , sounds like there’s been improvements like alot of places.
However, I was in Luton this year working and it still feels the same as it did.

Back