Hate Crime Reports up 70% in Northumbria Police Region

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date

I do not believe a shift in definition can be purely attributable to a rise in hate crime reports when there has been an increase on a national scale owing to political events.

This will not go down well, but with the whole "justice 4 chelsey" lark, the influence of the EDL goons in Sunderland, the uproar about rape and the abuse that innocent people received as a consequence of all these things (Remember the documentary where the Romanian waiters in Hendon were getting bricks through their window over the Chelsey thing?) I think there's indisputable evidence that there has been a rise of aggressive nationalist sentiment which have increased these crimes.

I don't think we can plausibly deny that.
Dont think anyone is denying it does happen merely disputing the figures and asking if all attributable factors have been taken into consideration or is it merely another local rag clickbait headline with no real substance...Given its just another Johnston press rag ala my locals the Batley news or Dewsbury reporter i`d unfortunately have to favour the latter

Bullshit figures ......every crime is hate
Except it isn't. If some little slag burgles your house or picks your pocket he's not likely to be doing it because he hates you. If someone attacks you for no other reason than the fact that you're black/white/muslim/gay/disabled ... whatever.. That's hate!

I'd put most of that down to more things being reported and classed as a hate crime. I doubt actual incidents have increased that dramatically.

The article may have covered that but I hate the chronic site so didn't read.
This x a million.

Bullshit figures ......every crime is hate
You miss the point on this one mate.

Some people are victims of crime specifically because of a characteristic I.e. they are gay, black, white, ginger.

Targeted because of that characteristic.

And yes you can be a victim of a hate crime because you're white. I know this doesn't fit into the rhetoric of police pandering to minorities etc. so it might be hard for some people to accept.

Last edited:

Back