Hate Crime Reports up 70% in Northumbria Police Region

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date

This has been said again and again but police now ask ‘victims’ whether they think something was a hate crime and have to record it such if they do, even if it clearly wasn’t.

I'd put most of that down to more things being reported and classed as a hate crime. I doubt actual incidents have increased that dramatically.

The article may have covered that but I hate the chronic site so didn't read.

I do not believe a shift in definition can be purely attributable to a rise in hate crime reports when there has been an increase on a national scale owing to political events.

This will not go down well, but with the whole "justice 4 chelsey" lark, the influence of the EDL goons in Sunderland, the uproar about rape and the abuse that innocent people received as a consequence of all these things (Remember the documentary where the Romanian waiters in Hendon were getting bricks through their window over the Chelsey thing?) I think there's indisputable evidence that there has been a rise of aggressive nationalist sentiment which have increased these crimes.

I don't think we can plausibly deny that.

I do not believe a shift in definition can be purely attributable to a rise in hate crime reports when there has been an increase on a national scale owing to political events.

This will not go down well, but with the whole "justice 4 chelsey" lark, the influence of the EDL goons in Sunderland, the uproar about rape and the abuse that innocent people received as a consequence of all these things (Remember the documentary where the Romanian waiters in Hendon were getting bricks through their window over the Chelsey thing?) I think there's indisputable evidence that there has been a rise of aggressive nationalist sentiment which have increased these crimes.

I don't think we can plausibly deny that.
No I don't think purely down to that. But not a 70% rise.

BTW no I didn't see any documentary about romanian waiters. Is it online anywhere?

This has been said again and again but police now ask ‘victims’ whether they think something was a hate crime and have to record it such if they do, even if it clearly wasn’t.

There are loads of crimes now that didn't even exist thanks to social media.

That statement does feel a bit loaded with the inverted commas around victims and the implied assertion that this is the principal cause of the rise

I think it would be disingenuous to say that Brexit hasn’t had any impact at all due to emboldened bigots, but not 70% worth.

Police are judging what is or isn’t a hate crime based on the interpretation of the alleged victim. If I got into a fight with a black or Asian bloke and he decides his race was a factor in the incident without any objective evidence to support that then it’s still treated as a hate crime until proven otherwise, which is ridiculous.

Fuck all to do with Brexit these areseholes have been around for ever with their twisted views. The issues around terrorism being predominantly a 'Muslim' thing has created more hatred and bigotry than anything

Back