Has this season been written off?

Only without a wage cap

SD plan season 1 = Buy fringe Championship players
SD plan season 2 = Buy average League One players
SD plan season 3 = Buy average League Two players

Best he's gone by the summer, as god knows his plan for next season!
He will be running his eye over the best players of Eastleigh right now

Which is the exact issue. We'll have no advantage over the rest of the league.
Players won't give a toss about a massive stadium if they can get the same wage maybe closer to home and for a side who finished above us the previous season, for example.
We are going to have to rely on scouting and recruitment being right on the money when bringing in up to 20 players.
Which it will be. In Kyrille We Trust.

3 points from the play-off zone. The bed wetters are having free rein tonight.
.. I'm usually very positive, but struggle to see any positives atm .. Talking about bed wetters while we are even struggling to get into a play-off position shows a complete lack of understanding about where we are at..

My concern is the lack of urgency about this takeover along with the half arsed nature of Young Kyril only taking 60%. I fear he's had his pants taken down probably by Sartori and been convinced that we are on the right track and just need a steady hand on the tiller. The appointments we've seen since Donald fell out of favour: Rodwell Speakman Johnson are hardly indicators of transformational change. These are jobbing League 1 journeymen giving it another go here. The squad are the very essence of League 1 mediocrity. Stewart Donald's "Business as usual" will not get us out of this League. Kyril needs to get on the phone to the EFL, get his registration through, find a way to invest in the club without benefitting the three amigos, and start transforming the club.

We haven't had a settled back four for ages, this season has been hugely disrupted by injuries and covid plus the salary cap...allthough SD wasn't going to invest in the squad anyway I suppose.

We've lost key players for months on end, not just one or two either.

Yes, I am making excuses but it's true. this league doesn't want us to leave it.

We need to challenge the pay cap, it is not legal,make no mistake.
I hope when the new owners come in, they do this straight away.

I understand the fans have written it off, I think last night was the final straw for a lot, me included, and rightfully so. My concern is that the new regime have written it off and a lot of people seem to think that's fine. It's not, it'll be a piss poor reflection on them if they don't do everything within their means to give us the best possible chance this season. Getting two top class additions would probably do it, they really should have the resourcefulness to get that done if they are as well connected, smart and rich as they claim to be.

My concern is the lack of urgency about this takeover along with the half arsed nature of Young Kyril only taking 60%. I fear he's had his pants taken down probably by Sartori and been convinced that we are on the right track and just need a steady hand on the tiller. The appointments we've seen since Donald fell out of favour: Rodwell Speakman Johnson are hardly indicators of transformational change. These are jobbing League 1 journeymen giving it another go here. The squad are the very essence of League 1 mediocrity. Stewart Donald's "Business as usual" will not get us out of this League. Kyril needs to get on the phone to the EFL, get his registration through, find a way to invest in the club without benefitting the three amigos, and start transforming the club.
It’s a question of whether he is a useful idiot to Donald and Methven. I also wonder if the Alvarez incident played out as they had suggested to Drefruss.

I am certain their influence behind the scenes is and will be significant. 60% feels less like a take over and more some Angel investment from a venture capitalist. Typically, with these sources of investment you go there because loan finance is exhausted and the VC can call the shots in the deal. Hence a 60% stake for a small outlay.

It’s a question of whether he is a useful idiot to Donald and Methven. I also wonder if the Alvarez incident played out as they had suggested to Drefruss.

I am certain their influence behind the scenes is and will be significant. 60% feels less like a take over and more some Angel investment from a venture capitalist. Typically, with these sources of investment you go there because loan finance is exhausted and the VC can call the shots in the deal. Hence a 60% stake for a small outlay.
if he thinks he's bought a hands-off investment that he can run via Zoom from the Cote D'Azur he's been mis-sold .

if he thinks he's bought a hands-off investment that he can run via Zoom from the Cote D'Azur he's been mis-sold .
Absolutely correct. It is impossible to be an executive officer remotely.

Like all venture capitalists I think he has invested in the existing directors (management team) to run the business and pay promised dividends based upon promotion. Maybe he wants to be on Netflix?

It suits the club’s PR to make Donald appear to have faded out of the picture like Marty McFly but I doubt this is really happening.

Say what we will about Salmon trousers but I do not doubt that he can mix effortlessly and schmooze investors with a well oiled Etonian marketing presentation.

The crunch comes if events subsequently tell a different story. I wonder if Alvarez is the first of these?

They don't realise the long term impact of staying in this league. We are losing generations of fans who would rather support Man Utd, Liverpool, etc etc instead of their home town club. Donald Duck and Charlie Salmon Pants are the worst thing that has ever happened to this club!

They don't realise the long term impact of staying in this league. We are losing generations of fans who would rather support Man Utd, Liverpool, etc etc instead of their home town club. Donald Duck and Charlie Salmon Pants are the worst thing that has ever happened to this club!
Generally people in this region do not support outside of the big two clubs. It is unacceptable as a football club represents a regional identity.

Generally people in this region do not support outside of the big two clubs. It is unacceptable as a football club represents a regional identity.

We've never been in this dire position before though marra. Last time we lost a generation was when the mags were flying with Keegan and we were caught napping. Lost a huge generation of fans, particularly from the County Durham area.

Whole club is a write off as long as Donald is in and around the place. Hate myself for falling for his patter when he first rocked up, worst thing to ever happen to us, makes Moyes time here look competent. I genuinely despise the Tory spiv like.

I understand the fans have written it off, I think last night was the final straw for a lot, me included, and rightfully so. My concern is that the new regime have written it off and a lot of people seem to think that's fine. It's not, it'll be a piss poor reflection on them if they don't do everything within their means to give us the best possible chance this season. Getting two top class additions would probably do it, they really should have the resourcefulness to get that done if they are as well connected, smart and rich as they claim to be.
What has KLD claimed?

We've never been in this dire position before though marra. Last time we lost a generation was when the mags were flying with Keegan and we were caught napping. Lost a huge generation of fans, particularly from the County Durham area.
Sure, but it was support in the provinces with less emotional attachment to the city.

If you are born into Newcastle or Sunderland it is for life. The football club represents the city.

People who choose a flag of convenience based upon league status are not really supporters in the sense of my understanding of the word.

Back