Has Ozturk suddenly became decent overnight

He looks like he’s trimmed down a bit and was more mobile in the checkatrade games. I’d use him in a 3 at the back personally. I knew our centre half’s weren’t great but fuck me it’s got to 41 games in and it’s suddenly hit how f***ing shite they are.

McLaughlin

Ozturk - Dunne - Baldwin

O'Nien - Leadbitter - Cattermole - Oviedo

McGeady

Wyke - Grigg
???

Before the Coventry game we had conceded 36 goals all season, less than one a game.

I think only Barnsley, Luton and maybe Charlton had conceded less.

If our defence is shit does that not mean every defence in the league is shit by comparison or is everyone being a tad melodramatic after a poor performance?

Can't believe people are actually wanting ozturk in the side yes Bawldin/Flanagan haven't been great past couple of games but ozturk isn't the answer imo

Before the Coventry game we had conceded 36 goals all season, less than one a game.

I think only Barnsley, Luton and maybe Charlton had conceded less.

If our defence is shit does that not mean every defence in the league is shit by comparison or is everyone being a tad melodramatic after a poor performance?

It really is

We’ve been solid all year

Fuck knows what people are talking about

We’re 3rd as we scored enough, too many 1-1s

Not our defense

To be fair (unlike this place, I know) he wasn’t actually that bad in his last few appearances for us.

He looked really shakey at the start of the season but on the flip side, Baldwin looked like Baresi early on.

Baldwin looked like Baresi when he had protection in front of him.

We went brave & played two strikers like the SMB wanted and look where it's got us.

4-2-3-1 is the way forward. The number 10 playing off Wyke or Grigg. 2 sitting midfielders can hold up attacks from the opposition so Baldwin and Flanagan aren't required to turn into Usain Bolt when the oppo run at them.

Baldwin looked like Baresi when he had protection in front of him.

We went brave & played two strikers like the SMB wanted and look where it's got us.

4-2-3-1 is the way forward. The number 10 playing off Wyke or Grigg. 2 sitting midfielders can hold up attacks from the opposition so Baldwin and Flanagan aren't required to turn into Usain Bolt when the oppo run at them.
^^^^In a nutshell^^^^

^^^^In a nutshell^^^^

all this talk of changing this and that. We just need to set up so we aren't over run in midfield. Everything was fairly rosy until we weakened ourselves in midfield. That isn't Baldwin/Flanagan's fault which is why I was pissed off with the reaction towards them both on Saturday.

4-2-3-1 please Mr Ross.

Daft OP.

Ozturk looked poor in his first game, but whenever I've seen him since (eg at Wimbledon and in the Checkatrade) he's looked solid.

It's actually that Baldwin and Flanagan have looked poor and/or tired recently and may need resting.

Tbh, I'd be tempted to throw him in, after what we all witnessed at the weekend I doubt he can be any worse!

We can't play Baldwin and Flanagan as a two together anymore, they'll be shit scared of playing in front of our lot.

Back