Has O'Nien gone off the boil..?

You really think that? So I take it you're happy with the current recruitment team and scouts as in your opinion they have put together the best squad in the league.
Have a look at the other squads in this league, they're all f***ing rank even the teams at the top.
Even the best teams in the world will look shit with clueless management, training and tactics.
FFS we've been playing hoofball to Will Grigg while surrounded by three defenders and wonder why he looks garbage.

Cant remember exactly and I cant be arsed to look back, it was probably a cup game.
Dobson is no world beater, but there is definitely a player in there.
I still think that neither of them have played in the positions that they should and would help the team out massively.
When folks say "there's definitely a player in there"......... there generally isn't. 😕😕

Have a look at the other squads in this league, they're all f***ing rank even the teams at the top.
Even the best teams in the world will look shit with clueless management, training and tactics.
FFS we've been playing hoofball to Will Grigg while surrounded by three defenders and wonder why he looks garbage.
So you're happy with the current recruitment team?

So you're happy with the current recruitment team?
Not really but that doesn't alter the fact we have one of the best squads.
The likes of Grigg, Wyke, Power, O'Nien, Maguire, Willis should be top performers at this level that's before you add the likes of Watmore, Gooch, and McGeady who were already here.

Just an average 3rd Division plodder cant see what all the fuss is about.

Harsh that Vauxie. At least the lad looks like he puts it all in every game. He want to improve, seemingly is a model pro and doesn’t twist about being asked to play in just about every position but goalkeeper.

He‘s been our best player this season (**I know the bar isn’t exactly set too high)

Harsh that Vauxie. At least the lad looks like he puts it all in every game. He want to improve, seemingly is a model pro and doesn’t twist about being asked to play in just about every position but goalkeeper.

He‘s been our best player this season
A utility player at best, cant argue he puts a shift in, but he is not a match winner or leader.Tried him in his supposed position and he didnt shine.

He needs to play regularly in the hole behind a front two (yes a two... Earh shattering notion eh) to link the play between defence / holding midfield and attack, and this gets him back in those goalscoring positions...... Countless times yesterday there was no passing and moving, eith oz and Flanagan passing short no impetus passes or power periodically trying a crossfield ball. It's an old adege but get it, give it, go.... Ask for it again etc.... Is the way to unlock a team but no one seems to pass it then look for it again.... No cohesion between the formation... He needs 4, 3,1,2 formation.... With loads of energy and movement... And just One holding midfielder not 2 or 3....... Football is a simple game, made difficult by those who play it...
Simple game you say then manage to write a paragraph of detailed shit

Gone off the boil? I heard that he was playing with a broken leg and having to welly the ball with it all the time these days makes him wince a bit.

I don't think Dobson has been written off because he runs weird, from what I've seen of him, which won't be as much as most, he was shocking. Poor decision making, didn't track back after losing the ball, he'd just jog. Much like the entire team he seemed to like fight. Maybe that's other players rubbing off on him or just his true style.
He does look ponderous in games these days.

There isn't one player in the whole squad who is on the ball.
Onien at the moment is just about par for this league but a lot of the others are worse and some are far worse

Doesn't say much really tho does it?
It's pretty obvious that you've got no time for the lad. Probably our only player who could cut it in the champs, but he's not good enough for league 1 S. A. F. C. I keep forgetting our team should be full of the likes of Henderson, Kane, Harry Maguire etc :rolleyes:
Wrong. He's massively excelled himself in general, outperformed senior members of the squad even when played in strange positions but for some reason gone off in the last few weeks.
Maybe something to do with the absolute feeling of gloom hanging around the Club at the mo, marra. It's only human that it has some affect on the players, contrary to popular belief.

Last edited:
I don't get this shite, he was and then for a season has constantly improved as a player.
He's the only person in our team who can use both feet. His touch is pretty good. The fact he's played in about 6 positions this season won't be helping him. I do think sometimes he doesn't quite know what is expected of him in certain positions, but given a run in any of the positions he will improve he's got that character. Ask him to play in goal he be training all week to be the best and when he's at home he'll be watching videos of the greats to make sure he's the best he can be.
Its the same thing with Dobson, the lads 21/22 and has played different roles already in the team, but because he looks weird when he runs and has been written off.
People scream lets play the kids, these are the kids, they need time to become rounded footballers in a structure that allows them to flourish not play a different position, and style every sodding week.

You must watch different games to me. Ha touch wouldn’t look out of place on Sunday league. He’s a lower league trier. Nothing more, nothing less.

Back