Has Grigg played his last game for us?

He will play or be on the bench when either Wyke, Lafferty or both are injured.

I posted this in another thread on Saturday but as I was walking past the main entrance with the bairn about 20 minutes before kick off Grigg walked out, jumped into his car and drove away about 20 minutes before kick off. He didn’t look happy at all- kept his head down and didn’t look at anyone.

could have been for personal reasons....he would have known if he was playing on the fruday...so why would he leave the ground 20 mins befire ko

You can’t put a bloke in the team because of his price tag though. The bloke has done nowt at all to warrant a place in the team, or the squad frankly. And I am not interested in what he may have achieved at other clubs in the past.

Then he should have gone.We need to make the best of what we have our resources are not great so we need to get a tune out of him he can’t just be left to sit on his arse

Nah. Rodwell went completely AWOL. Grigg was there on Saturday.
Came out of the hotel at around 5 to 3 on Saturday and I am convinced he passed me in a dark coloured BMW driving away from the ground. Not totally certain but it did look like him.
I posted this in another thread on Saturday but as I was walking past the main entrance with the bairn about 20 minutes before kick off Grigg walked out, jumped into his car and drove away about 20 minutes before kick off. He didn’t look happy at all- kept his head down and didn’t look at anyone.
Cheers mate, I saw him driving past the hotel before kick off, I thought it was about 5 to 3 but was probably earlier as I was well in before kick off.

Last edited:
Came out of the hotel at around 5 to 3 on Saturday and I am convinced he passed me in a dark coloured BMW driving away from the ground. Not totally certain but it did look like him.

In the Sky behind the scenes video for saturday (which I think was posted on here) part of the film showed the mascots getting autographs in the changing room prior to kick off and Grigg was sat there in his kit with the squad (maybe he was doing a John Terry ?)

According to the Hartlepool Mail, he'd scored and impressed during a midweek practise match, and was supposedly in line for a recall to the squad.

In the Sky behind the scenes video for saturday (which I think was posted on here) part of the film showed the mascots getting autographs in the changing room prior to kick off and Grigg was sat there in his kit with the squad (maybe he was doing a John Terry ?)
Yeah that's where I saw him. It's an SAFC video rather than Sky though isn't it?
Strange that his shirt was out and up there hanging... 🤔

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
I heard that just before the teams went out he spontaneously combusted in the changing room and had to be put out. He was then unable to take part in the game because his shirt was too wet.

Someone else spotted him leaving the ground 20 minutes before kick off. Maybe the mascots were a bit earlier, happy to be proved wrong as I don't think it's good form shooting off just before kick off. Having said that he may have had good reason and been allowed to leave.

Someone else spotted him leaving the ground 20 minutes before kick off. Maybe the mascots were a bit earlier, happy to be proved wrong as I don't think it's good form shooting off just before kick off. Having said that he may have had good reason and been allowed to leave.

Forgot his boots so had to nip home. Was he on the bench in the second half?

Is it not because we have to pay some kind of additional fee if he plays so many games?
Dinnar like, just hoying reasons around to meself.
Is it not time the club makes some kind of explanation why we are not including our League 1 record signing in the match day squad?
Think I will ask Bob, he will knaar

Perhaps its time to give him another go for 4 or 5 games. Lafferty hasn't exactly set the world alight, and if Grigg truly believes he is better than Salford and L2, then let him show the world how good (or bad) he is. If he bombs, then his agent should be hauled in to re-negotiate his contract based on his performances. Clearly he will reject a 75% pay cut, and at that point he should be publicly told to fuck off in the summer.

Last edited:
Perhaps its time to give him another go for 4 or 5 games. Lafferty hasn't exactly set the world alight, and if Grigg truly believes he is better than Salford and L2, then let him show the world how good (or bad) he is. If he bombs, then he should be publicly told to fuck off in the summer.
A public flogging or stoning is more fitting as he has stolen money from the people.

Back