Has 'Chris Coleman' done a good job overall so far?

Shite, not entirely his fault as dealt a shit hand. However the same applied to Grayson and he took a load of blame. Imo we were More competitive under Grayson than we seem to be at the minute.

just like us. we always seem to get managers who've done at least a half decent job elsewhere and as soon as the ink is dry on their contract they turn to shit. just like most of the players.

Rate 'Coleman' out of 10.
7 for me.

He has brought down the average age of the team substantially, never afraid to give youth a chance. If 'Coleman' can get this lot to adapt to the league we will have a very exciting team in a year or two because they should improve being so young. Under the previous manager we'd have brought in some old carthorses from League One for buttons.
Undoubtedly going about things the right way under his leadership.
3/10

Shite, not entirely his fault as dealt a shit hand. However the same applied to Grayson and he took a load of blame. Imo we were More competitive under Grayson than we seem to be at the minute.
Hate to admit it as I never rated a Grayson from the moment he arrived but we actually did look better than this current mess

I don't know to be honest.

I watch a match, we lose, I get a bit radgy and type sack him several times.

I calm down a bit and realise this is not his fault.

For the last couple of seasons we'd have done just as well without a manager.
Just let the players sort themselves out .
Oh, hang on.

Hate to admit it as I never rated a Grayson from the moment he arrived but we actually did look better than this current mess

I'd agree to be honest. Coleman still does have the better points per game thanks largely to those 1-0 wins around Christmas, but overall the performances have been worse, the goals have dried up (obviously losing Grabban for the last 10 games hasn't helped) and we just seem to surrender a lot more now.

Grayson P15 W1 D7 L7 F20 A30 GD-10 PTS10 PPG 0.66
Coleman P21 W4 D5 L12 F16 A35 GD-19 PTS17 PPG 0.81
Stockdale P2 W0 D1 L1 F2 A3 GD-1 PTS1 PPG 0.5

We've had 8 2+ defeats under Coleman, whereas it was just 3 under Grayson and we always felt more in the matches then, we just drew too many games.

Considering the criticism Grayson got on here and in general and the fact he lost his job after 15 league matches, I think CC is pretty lucky to seemingly be under no pressure at all.

We've had 8 2+ defeats under Coleman, whereas it was just 3 under Grayson and we always felt more in the matches then, we just drew too many games.

Considering the criticism Grayson got on here and in general and the fact he lost his job after 15 league matches, I think CC is pretty lucky to seemingly be under no pressure at all.

I Agree CC is lucky but I think it's a good thing if fans start to recognise that the depth of the problem means that taking it out on a manager working with his hands tied is a bad thing. Giving Grayson a hard time wasn't particularly fair in hindsight. Maybe we'restarting to understand that a bit.

My worry is that if we sack Coleman now we appoint a League One version of Grayson in the summer. When he can't pull together a proper team from the parts he's given and no money, he'll then go through the same thing, and we'll be calling for his head. Then we appoint the League One Coleman who tells us the truth, that the club is fucked. Then after a while that wears off (like it is now) under the weight of constant terrible performances and as we head down to League 2, we're appointing our 13th manager in 8 years or whatever it would be.

Back