Has anyone's view on Stuart Donald changed in the last few weeks ?

Daks

Winger
The lack of funds from the beginning was startling.
When they were talking about changing stadium name , changing club crest even to make a few quid and really changing anything at the club for a pittance of money
Me and a few others called them out from very early days and got slated on here.
But , has anyone changed there view on him and methven after recent documentary and interviews etc ?

Nah they’ve been total chancers from the start. The more and more that’s coming out the more stupid they look. A recent example is admitting on a TV show that they could not afford to run the club after telling us for a year and a half that they can and then Charlie coming out and spouting in the papers today and yesterday that money isn’t an issue even though it’s just been on the telly 6 days ago that it is. Far too many lies, half truths and contradictions from them since they day they walked in. The longer they are here the more knots they tie themselves up with, with their constant never ending barrel of bullshit.

We’ve become a more stable investment under his ownership. However fans will always view results on the pitch as a marker of success for any club.

There is a lot of work to do within the non playing side of the business however basic strides have been made in that regard.

On the playing side a lot is still not functioning properly- from recruitment to academy to U23s

Parkinson isn’t the manager to put a club identity in place and that is the main concern for me. League One is the place to do it as if and when we get in the Championship we are on the merry go round - don’t think there is a more short-termist league in the world. The top boys build a squad to get promotion and then usually fuck 90% of player off when they get it.

However I’d give SD a solid B.

We’ve become a more stable investment under his ownership. However fans will always view results on the pitch as a marker of success for any club.

There is a lot of work to do within the non playing side of the business however basic strides have been made in that regard.

On the playing side a lot is still not functioning properly- from recruitment to academy to U23s

Parkinson isn’t the manager to put a club identity in place and that is the main concern for me. League One is the place to do it as if and when we get in the Championship we are on the merry go round - don’t think there is a more short-termist league in the world. The top boys build a squad to get promotion and then usually fuck 90% of player off when they get it.

However I’d give SD a solid B.
I’ll give this post a solid E-

From watching the show I thought Donald came across as a decent enough bloke and I think he genuinely did/ does want the club to do well, it was just apparent he didn't have the means to carry it out, and was very much out of his depth.
As for Charlie, I'm not particularly keen on him, though it was hard to argue with his assessment of Jack Ross and his tactics, the observations he was making definitely echoed what myself and many others on here were saying.

Back